Album-A-Day #50 Rage Against the Machine

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Artist: Rage Against the Machine
Album: Self Titled
Year Released: 1992
No. of Discs: 1 (2 when later released with a bonus disk in 1995, which I never bought)
No. of Tracks: 12 (16, see above)

Track List:
  1. Bombtrack
  2. Killing in the Name [5:14]
  3. Settle For Nothing [5:36]
  4. Take the Power Back [4:48]
  5. Bullet in the Head [5:09]
  6. Know Your Enemy [4:55]
  7. Wake Up [6:03]
  8. Fistful of Steel [5:31]
  9. Township Rebellion [5:42]
  10. Freedom [6:07]
You must be registered for see images attach

My favorite RATM album and while still having political undertones, it doesn't sound like they are trying to come across as political. A pure mix of Hip hop lyrics and punk/rock guitar. "Killing in the name of" is done no justice with its radio edit version and "Wake Up" is heard during the ending credits of the Matrix. Tom Morello is right up there with among the most underrated guitarists of all time, he pulls off some smooth licks an harmonics on almost every track on this album and makes one guitar sound like 2. This is definately an album for sticking it to the man, or pissing off parents.

I first hooked up with this album in 1993 and was blown away by the thundering guitar and vocals. I have never seen a band that can cover any of their songs with accuracy, their sound was completely unique. Definatley a top 10 all time for me!
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000028RR.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Jim O

Reaction score
My favorite song on this album is "Know Your Enemy." I like the ending when the guitars pick up.

Also, Maynard James Keenan from Tool and A Perfect Circle fame lends his vocals to this track.

I saw them a few years back and Maynard was at the show and performed his vocal part with RATM. Maynard, to my horror, was dressed in a black diaper! :barf:

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love this album and wish that they'd reunite....

My favorite is "Killing In The Name".....It reminds me of when my friends and I would go to Windsor every Thursday night and they'd play it.... We would all jump and thrash around on the dance floor, it was awesome.....

"Renegades" was a strong "send-off" album...Really loved "Renegades of Funk" and their cover of "Street Fighting Man".....

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson