5. Sin
6. Naked Sunday
7. Creep
8. Piece of Pie
9. Plush
10. Wet My Bed
11. Crackerman
12. Where The River Goes

One of the best first album's out there...totally blew me away when I first heard it. Nissan used "Wicked Garden" in their X-terra commercials and "Crackerman" was used in some NFL promos a few years ago. They have kind of gone soft since this album but this baby rocks all the way through. I have seen them in concert 6 times and people still go crazy when they break into "Sex Type Thing" even 12 years later. Too bad Scott Weiland can't keep his act together, these guys always had so much talent

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hard to believe that "Core" was released 12 years-ago....It just seems like yesterday that I heard "Plush" for the first time....This album contained no weak tracks whatsoever and they replicated that feat again with "Purple"... My fave song off "Core" was "Creep" with "Wicked Garden" and "Sex Type Thing" not far behind.... In terms of favorite STP song of all-time, it may shock everyone, but that is "Sour Girl" from "#4" since that has a lot of symbolic value to me personally....

It's difficult to determine which one of those 2 that I like the best....Their 3rd album was probably the worst (but that did contain some decent songs) and "#4" and Shangri-La Lee Da" were both 2 good "rebound" albums, but they obviously will never recapture how they were in their glory years....

I still wonder if Scott Weiland will ever complete that album with the former members of G-N-R....That project has been in the making for probably about 2-years, but Weiland of course still can't overcome his substance abuse problems....

Great selection! :thumbup:

OP
OP
R

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Weiland is probably on the top of my list of "The next Layne Staley"....ie, dying of drug overdoe

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Weiland is probably on the top of my list of "The next Layne Staley"....ie, dying of drug overdoe
I agree...or possibly Billy Idol.....I can't figure out how either of those 2 have survived this long.......

OP
OP
R

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
KingLouieLouie said:
Either Weiland or Billy Idol....I still can't figure out how either of them have survived all this time.....
They must know Keith Richards' dealer :D

I also love Sour Girl, Plush was a little over played over the past 12 years.

I like Army Ants on Purple and Dead and Bloated of Core

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keith Richards is probably already on his 19th life, since he's had that many nervous breakdowns! :D Okay, poor joke.....

I despised the 3rd album when it first came out (mainly because of "Lady Picture Show"), but got into it a couple years later (especially "Seven Caged Tigers").....

"Purple" is the ultimate album to go on a late night drinking binge to..... Really love listening to "Meat Plow", "Vasoline", "Unglued", and "Lounge Fly" while buzzing....

Have you listened to Weiland's solo album from a few years back? I love both versions of "Mockingbird Girl" (liked the one from the Tank Girl soundtrack the best).....

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever album that has that Chinese baby on the cover is the one I like.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
Whatever album that has that Chinese baby on the cover is the one I like.
You must be registered for see images attach
?

I also love on "Pretty Penny" on "Purple", which has to be one of their most underrated songs..... STP's one of those bands that I will never stop listening to, and I hope they do reunite one of these days because I finally want to see them in concert.......

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KingLouieLouie ?[/QUOTE said:
Yup, that'd be it. I have that CD and I love it. I also have Shangri-La Lee Da, too.

I should really look into getting their other albums.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
Yup, that'd be it. I have that CD and I love it. I also have Shangri-La Lee Da, too.
My faves off of "Shangri-La Lee Da" are "Days of The Week" and "Hollywood ...." (can't complete the title on here! :))

What I love about STP is that I can associate most of their songs to certain events in my life..... Unforunately, people deemed them merely as "copycats" of Led Zeppelin (nothing wrong with that since LZ is one of the best bands ever), but STP contributed a lot to music themselves as well....

If you want to watch most of STP videos, click on the following link:

http://search.launch.yahoo.com/search/lsearch/video?p=Stone+Temple+Pilots

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They are incredible live! Scott Weiland is very animated on stage and dances all around, he has pretty good moves for a white guy. One thing I like is they play the music just like it sounds on the CD, with very few variations....the solos are the same, etc. I don't know why I like that....

He didn't use his bull horn for the first 5 times I saw them, but at the AZ state fair in 2002 he busted out with it during Crackerman

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Great, great album! One of the best of my collection--like Pearl Jam's "10", this album, IMO, is a 1990s grunge classic. I've loved STP since their inception, and like Pearl Jam, STP's best albums were their first 2.

Plush is an amazing song, still after all these years.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard their newest song "All In The Suit That You Wear" which is on their greatest hit compilation "Thank You"....It's vintage STP.....

I think Dean DeLeo's guitar playing improved tremendously over-time, especially his guitar solo on "Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart".....

I was thinking this the other day......The last best years of music were probably around '94-97 and the industry has gone downhill dramatically since...

Brandon_Webb

Registered
Reaction score
I love this album. Listen to it all the way through and never get tired of it. Favorite track is definitly 'Dead and Bloated' 'No Memory' is also good.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson