04. Creature Of The Wheel
05. Electric Head Part 2 (The Ecstasy)
06. Grease Paint and Monkey Brains
07. I, Zombie
08. More Human Than Human
09. El Phantasmo and the Chicken-Run Blast-O-Rama
10. Blur the Technicolor
11. Blood, Milk, and Sky

I was looking through my CD's and I came across Astro Creep 2000. I have not listened to this one in a long time and I am glad that I did. It brings back memories of my early college days. Our baseball team used to listen to this on the loudspeakers when we took batting practice.

Of course, many people will recognize White Zombie's most classic hit "More Human Than Human." However there are many other great songs on this ablum.

When I first purchased this album, naturally I tuned to "More Human Than Human" right away. After all, it is the song that made me buy the album when it came out. While listening to the tail end of the album, I fell asleep. The album started to repeat and I woke up during the intro to "Electric Head Part 1" and it scared the hell out of me. The spooky voice track and the scary organ sounds made me feel like I was having a nightmare! When I realized that I was not having a dream, I listened to the whole album in its entirety after that. I loved it!

Some of my favorite tracks are both versions of "Electric Head", "Super Charger Heaven", "More Human Than Human", and "Blood, Milk, and Sky."

My favorite title for a track is a toss up between "Grease Paint and Monkey Brains" and "El Phantasmo and the Chicken-Run Blast-O-Rama!"

Enjoy!

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have that one. I have their 1st album "La Sexorcisto".

Man, can't believe it's been 10 years. Interestingly, the band was very obscure and might never have become popular until MTV's Beavis and Butthead featured the video for "Thunder Kiss" in one of their episodes. From there, their album and popularity took off.

OP
OP
Jim O

Jim O

Reaction score
jw7 said:
I don't have that one. I have their 1st album "La Sexorcisto".

Man, can't believe it's been 10 years. Interestingly, the band was very obscure and might never have become popular until MTV's Beavis and Butthead featured the video for "Thunder Kiss" in one of their episodes. From there, their album and popularity took off.

Did you know that Rob Zombie was an animator for the kids show Pee Wee's Playhouse?

That is funny!

Zombie also animated a scene in the "Beavis and Butthead Do America" movie. It is the part when Beavis accidentally eats a poisonous mushroom in the desert! Classic!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What album has Thunderkiss 1965 on it?

OP
OP
Jim O

Jim O

Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
What album has Thunderkiss 1965 on it?

La Sexorcisto. That is a great album too. I like the song Black Sunshine along with Thunderkiss '65.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My friends and I wore this and "La Sexocristo" out.... Does anyone remember "Supersexy Swingin' Sounds" which the entire album consisted of remixed versions of songs fom "Astro-Creep 2000"? I enjoyed listening to that as well....

My favorite White Zombie songs are "Electric Head #2", "Black Sunshine" and Thunderkiss '65....

I wish they would reunite, but I do enjoy Rob Zombie's solo material....

Last edited:

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to get my brother to burn this for me. Great album.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
:hairraise yeah this album is fantastic. It really brought electronika and metal together in the mainstream. Good, powerful songs on here and great guitar sounds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA