No. of Tracks: 6

You must be registered for see images

1. One Of These Days
2. A Pillow Of Winds
3. Fearless
4. San Tropez
5. Seamus
6. Echoes

I love this album. Pink Floyd had been tweaking their strange sounds for some time and came up with this album as the precursor to Dark Side of the Moon.

The sound of this album soars and swells. The final track, "Echoes", is over 23 minutes long and illustrates the style that the Floyd is evolving into. If you listen to this track, you will hear the foundation of what is to become Dark Side of the Moon.

Two other tracks seem to be thrown in to make you scratch your head. They are in sharp contrast to the sound of the other tracks. "San Tropez" is a great lounge/jazz song and "Seamus" is a bluesy song that incorporates a howling dog as a backround singer. It is pretty funny.

This, like many Floyd albums, is one of those "sit in a dark room and listen at a loud volume" albums and it is one of my favorites in my collection.

Last edited:

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must admit that I haven't listened to much of Pink Floyds catalogue besides whatever they recorded with Syd Barrett, the obvious "Dark Side of the Moon", "The Wall", and then "Wish You Were Here" (my favorite by them), and one of my friends back in MI would often play "Animals", and their later material after Roger Waters had left (out of those I thought "Division Bell" was the best).....

I wish Roger Waters would finally reunite with the other 3 and record an album worth of new material.....

Pink Floyd definitely ranks w/in my top 10 bands of all-time, so another excellent choice! :thumbup:

OP
OP
Jim O

Jim O

Reaction score
KingLouieLouie said:
I must admit that I haven't listened to much of Pink Floyds catalogue besides whatever they recorded with Syd Barrett, the obvious "Dark Side of the Moon", "The Wall", and then "Wish You Were Here" (my favorite by them), and one of my friends back in MI would often play "Animals", and their later material after Roger Waters had left (out of those I thought "Division Bell" was the best).....

I wish Roger Waters would finally reunite with the other 3 and record an album worth of new material....

If you like Dark Side of the Moon, you will like Meddle.

I wish that Roger and the others would forget about the past and reunite but I don't see it happening.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Jim Omohundro said:
If you like Dark Side of the Moon, you will like Meddle.

I love both Meddle and DSOTM, but to me they are nothing alike - almost like two different bands.

OP
OP
Jim O

Jim O

Reaction score
Rivercard said:
I love both Meddle and DSOTM, but to me they are nothing alike - almost like two different bands.

To me, parts of Meddle, especially the track Echoes, sounds very much like the material on Dark Side.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Jim Omohundro said:
To me, parts of Meddle, especially the track Echoes, sounds very much like the material on Dark Side.

Yeah, I suppose the "floaty" parts are kinda reminiscent of Dark Side.