4. Gumboots
5. Diamonds On The Soles of Her Shoes
6. You Can Call Me Al
7. Under African Skies
8. Homeless
9. Crazy Love, Vol. II
10. That Was Your Mother
11. All Around The World Or The Myth Of Fingerprints

Paul Simon's "Graceland" has been in my CD collection since the late 80's. I really enjoy hearing music that incorporate music styles from other cultures. "Graceland" combines American Pop with African music and for me, it is a relaxing mix.

There are many different sounds created by many different sounding instuments on this album. My favorite track is "I Know What I Know" because of the bass guitar work and the backing vocals. In addition, I have always been a fan of Simon's vocal style.

If you don't have this album, I would suggest it. For those that are unsure, Simon's website offers sample versions of each track.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent choice! :thumbup:

I haven't listened to this album (or Paul Simon) in a long time, but now plan on doing so....

It's unfortunate that the most popular song on this album "You Can Call Me Al" overshadowed the rest of "Graceland" since it doesnt capture the essence of the album..... I remember on Cable awhile back they broadcasted some concerts during the "Graceland" tour and it was amazing watching Paul Simon and the rest of the musicians perform this album live....

I've always been a major fan of Paul Simon, especially his earlier material with
Garfunkel.... But..."50 Ways To Leave Your Lover" has always been my favorite solo song by him along with "Kodachrome" and "Still Crazy After All These Years"....

I would love to see him and Garfunkel in concert sometime... would be awesome....

OP
OP
Jim O

Jim O

Reaction score
KingLouieLouie said:
I would love to see him and Garfunkel in concert sometime... would be awesome....

They are not coming to Phoenix as of yet, but here are a few "regional" dates that may interest you on their summer tour:

7/1 (Thu) Los Angeles, California Hollywood Bowl
7/2 (Fri) Fresno, California SaveMart Center
7/3 (Sat) Las Vegas, Nevada MGM Grand Arena

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jim Omohundro said:
They are not coming to Phoenix as of yet, but here are a few "regional" dates that may interest you on their summer tour:

7/1 (Thu) Los Angeles, California Hollywood Bowl
7/2 (Fri) Fresno, California SaveMart Center
7/3 (Sat) Las Vegas, Nevada MGM Grand Arena
Thanks for the info....What other albums do you enjoy listening to from either Simon's solo career or w/Garfunkel?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA