06: "What's Left For Me?"
07: "Freak"
08: "Now"
09: "Whimsical"
10: "Where I Stand"
11. "How Do You Know?"
12: "Cling"
You must be registered for see images attach

It's really unfortunate that Travis Meeks' "big ego" prevented the original line-up of Days of the New from lasting beyond their self-titled debut, however, in some regards it's a positives since the other members later went on to form Tantric....

Yes, Days of the New could be deemed as "posers" (along with a few other bands) of Alice-in-Chains, but the songs on this album are crafted impressively considering the fact that Meeks was merely 17 at the time of the recording....

This album always brings back memories of '97, especially "Shelf In The Room" and "Touch, Peel, and Stand", and "The Downtown" which everyone may remember that all three respectively received lots of air-play...."Where I Stand" and "Cling" also rank-up with the standards they reached with the aforementioned three songs.... I always wonder if what would have happened if they remained together, especially since it seems Meeks has gone adrift since this album.... If noone has ever listened to this, they must since its solid all-around....

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Awesome, Awesome album

I just hate the fact he dumped the entire band after the debut album...but can that guy sing...

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Awesome, Awesome album

I just hate the fact he dumped the entire band after the debut album...but can that guy sing...
Just saw this. "The downtown" got lots of airplay which is why I bought it, but :stupid: , that singer has a powerful voice and range.

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jw7 said:
Just saw this. "The downtown" got lots of airplay which is why I bought it, but :stupid: , that singer has a powerful voice and range.
This isnt meant to be an injustice to Layne Staley, but the first time my friends and I heard "Touch, Peel, and Staind"..we immediately thought it was an
Alice-in-Chains song.... Meeks does have a powerful voice, however, I just wish his huge ego didn't get into the way.....

I did like Days of the New 2nd album....especially the songs "Enemy" and "Phobics of Tragedy"......

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave