05. "Zombie Eaters"
06: "The Real Thing"
07: "Underwater Love"
08: "The Morning After'"
09: "Woodpecker From Mars"
10: "War Pigs"
11: "Edge of the World"

You must be registered for see images

This to me is probably the best album that was released in the latter part of the 80s... Faith No More deserves more recognition than they've received since they influenced several bands from the Grunge movement, especially Alice-in-Chains....If there was anyone that Layne Staley emulated, it definitely would be Mike Patton....

On "The Real Thing", Faith No More covered several genres on an excellent level... Obviously "Epic" was certainly the highlight of the album, however, "Falling to Pieces" and "The Real Thing" deserved the same amount of airplay... To me Faith No More was ahead of their time....Mike Bordin is still a phenomonal drummer and Jim Martin was exceptional on guitar... And Bill Gould's bass playing was stellar as well....

And their read on "War Pigs" had to make Black Sabbath proud since they captured the essence of that song perfectly...

It's just unfortunate that Faith No More didnt completely replicate the same fate on their releases after "The Real Thing", but "Epic" alone will make one never forget about them.....

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These guys were pure creativity - done some exceptional work. I like their entire catalogue - good music.

Shawn

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
vince56 said:
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Great, great album.

Commercially, yes, but 'Album of the Year" and "Angle Dust" blow "The Real Thing" away IMO. "Angel Dust" is a must-have album.