Al Franken Kissed and "Groped" Me Without My Consent

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Joe L, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

Totally agree.

2. UncleChris

UncleChris Retirement Doesn't Suck Contributor

Why would i defend Trump's accusers? I haven't defended Franken's accusers.

Assuming that you simply botched your question, I'll gladly stipulate that any of Trump's anonymous accusers, as well as silly, frivolous charges by others be discounted.

3. Covert Rain

Nice Texas Two Step. I was asking if you were defending any of the accusers. However, you sure are judging some and not others. You just basically insinuated that all of Al's accusers are lying or exaggerating then backing up that assertion by saying he is innocent until proven guilty.

Are you saying you completely stand by that when it comes to Trump? I seemed to recall you going after Trump based on women's accusations.

Are you saying you have not gone after Trump for similar accusations against him?

Legally I agree that someone is innocent until proven guilty. I am not disputing that one bit. However, I am just stating a fact that woman do not statistically lie about these things (yes it can happen). If you know that, it's not unreasonable to assume that most of the women are telling the truth when it comes to multiple accusations regardless of who they are accusing. We are not talking about a single accusation.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  4. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

How has that worked out so far?

ozzfloyd likes this.
  5. UncleChris

On Stormy Daniel's accusations? Of course I believe her because there's a treasure trove of evidence to back her up. The recent woman columnist who said Trump raped her has two friends who she told contemporaneously what happened, and they confirm it. The lady who said Franken grabbed her ass also had two friends she said she told, but when tracked down, they waxed very vague.

Similarly, our friendly Alabama Senator was known to frequent shopping malls trolling for youngsters. Much like Catholics being well aware of what the priests were up to but staying mum about it, so did Alabama folks wit their Senator.

Dozens and dozens of co-workers, including people who were on USO teams with Franken, have made it clear they never saw or heard of anything like sexual misbehavior from Franken.

Can you say preponderance of evidence? Sure ya can.... I knew you could.....

6. Covert Rain

Way to split hairs and cherry pick even though none of us knows all the details in all of those 24 encounters.

I bet I can go back to some of the threads and see past comments where you have blasted Trump regardless of whom is making the accusations.

Two questions:

Are you denying that you have not gone after Trump for similar accusations?

Are you denying statistically women don't lie and that it would be a huge anomaly for all eight to be lying?

P.S. I find it hilarious that you are trying to paint me as unreasonable when I am using a statistic and applying it evenly regardless of who stands accused. I said Al is owed due process and I 100% agree someone is innocent until proven guilty.

7. UncleChris

Stay on task. We are talking about Franken and sexual misconduct here, and you threw in the Trump comparison. There is nothing even remotely close in the comparison of any of Franken's accusers and the evidence of Daniels and Carroll Cherrypick my ass.

And sure I beat up on Trump. He's a miscreant and horror of a being. But again, like the priests, everyone knew that and just kind of kept it on the qt..... Unlike Franken, who had the exact opposite of a reputation.....

8. Covert Rain

Uh...the Al Franken case is about misconduct by a politician. Drawing any comparison about misconduct and any other politician is completely on the table. What are you talking about? That is 100% on task.

I choose not to apply double standards or be hypocritical about this but that is just me. We could parse out all the accusations one by one but you blasted Trump regardless. I don't see you doing the same with Al because he is on your team.

I have no clue which ones are false or not. I don't make any such claim about either person. I am just saying that where there is smoke there is fire. Trump might be burning a hell fire for sure as with some Priests but that doesn't mean there are no other fires with Al.

I hope Al is 100% innocent. I really do but it's doubtful. I hope he gets his due process either way. He was one of my favorite Congressmen up until all these accusations came out. Who knows maybe he will be the first in history to buck the statistics. Anything is possible. Hell....Trump got elected.

9. Dback Jon

How right you were

ozzfloyd and UncleChris like this.
  10. Covert Rain

Doesn't this happen all the time though? Look at all of the resignations in the last decade. Wouldn't you say it's more normal that not to have someone resign in similar fashion before due process is completed? We see it all the time in politics.

Maybe that is what she is saying? I mean she wasn't the first to support such action and there will be more like it to come.

Thoughts?

11. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

True, there's gray areas before. But most of the time, the one calling for lack of due process isn't a candidate for President of the United States.

12. LVG

LVG Who?! Contributor

It is possible to win a battle and lose the war, Jon.

Covert Rain likes this.
  13. Covert Rain

So if that is her stance do you agree she should resign?!?!? I mean I can't see that being a valid reason. She didn't set the precedent. Maybe that should change but she didn't start it that's for sure.

14. Dback Jon

The Trump Cultists don't care about sexual misconduct (as long as it was a Republican) - Brett Kavanaugh ring a bell?

The GOP has at least two sexual predators on the Supreme Court.

15. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

Wow, not sure why the accusatory tone. I simply stated what I thought he had meant by asking her to resign. You think he's completely bonkers for suggesting it, I'm just providing a simple explanation as to why he made it in the first place.