Akinjo?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
As a Georgetown alum I follow the Hoyas closely. I just saw that Akinjo is visiting zona.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...n-alexander-myron-gardner-transfer-georgetown

I don’t know how to feel about this. Bummed akinjo leaving gtown but not heartbroken. He’s so up and down. His bad games are really bad. I mean epic type bad. And he doesn’t have the self recognition to know when he’s playing poorly, so he doubles down and tanks the team. But when he’s good he’s also very good. Hence rookie of the year last year.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
We were all surprised when he picked Georgetown over Arizona. Does west coast kids going East ever work out?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
We were all surprised when he picked Georgetown over Arizona. Does west coast kids going East ever work out?

It was bizarre, but recruiting anyone at the time to come to UofA was a chore. Remember, he was committed to UCONN before Ollie was fired, so he seemed fine with the prospect of playing on the east coast.

We have a good shot here. Gonzaga and Oregon are also in the mix. He’d definitely fit a position of need next season and alleviate the anxiety of finding a true point guard.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's nice that he is visiting today and going to be at the Gonzaga game. I am assuming he will be eligible in January 2021

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well, based on what he saw from Mannion tonight, my guess is that Akinjo is running for the airport right now...

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Man boeheim trashed akinjo today after the Hoya-‘Cuse game.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Man boeheim trashed akinjo today after the Hoya-‘Cuse game.

Boeheim is a first class jackass but there’s some truth there. I wonder if he’s indirectly relaying something from Ewing... Otherwise you don’t usually see shots taken at teenagers by coaches.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Boeheim is a first class jackass but there’s some truth there. I wonder if he’s indirectly relaying something from Ewing... Otherwise you don’t usually see shots taken at teenagers by coaches.
Particularly not shots at players not involved in the game. Seemed odd to me too. But boeheim has been a part of gtown history for decades (albeit as a hated, but respected, rival). So I kinda respect his outlook (not to mention as originally posted my personal observations of akinjo reflect what boeheim stated).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson