AJ Green

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if he takes a good price yeah bring him back he's been good. if he won't you want to get IMO another big guy who can make plays downfield with size. That's why I like Drake London from USC, not a first rounder and won't be as good as AJ was, not as fast, but big body makes plays downfield with size, big catch radius etc.

One of my favorite guys in the draft among other reasons this is the first year he hasn't also played basketball so you can assume as he's more focused on football he'll get more polished, he's basically been getting by on size and athletic ability.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The tough part is that Rondale makes Kirk more expendable than AJ Green.

I'm not sure he does. While both prefer playing inside they are very different players. And I think is easier to replace because basically all he's asked to do is get downfield and be big.

Plus obviously Kirk is still only 24, Green is 33. If they are going to give $10m to one or the other which would you prefer?

Someone like Tyrell Williams who is FA next year could replace him quite easily than having to get someone in the learn the more complicated job Kirk performs.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
It helps A.J. immensely that most teams don't have a shutdown corner and will rightly be devoting a lot of attention to DHop leaving A.J. with less.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
He’s been solid. He seems to have some yips on simple grabs but hauls them down in traffic lol.
I think his yips on those simple passes are just him trying to do too much...or thinking he needs to do more to prove himself. He's in his own head a little bit, early in games. Just my take.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Still surprised how much he body catches rather than high pointing balls, but what he’s doing is working.

Just a ton of receiving weapons on this team. Reminds me of the 2015 passing offense as far as variety of Weapons. Except we now have a human cheat code playing QB v. Palmer that year.
This group of receivers is actually a lot better man. Fitz, Floyd, JJ Nelson, and Brown vs. Hopkins, Kirk, Green, and Moore.

More speed, more size, more playmaking ability.