AJ Green

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This dude has been a presence. I expected nothing from him. Like absolute zero. But his physicality is strangely fundamental to what we're doing. He's dragging guys every time he catches the ball. Not just today but all season so far, just banging and dragging dudes. What's odd to me is 1) how big he seems on the field, I mean I knew his size but he looks much more physical than anyone covering him and 2) he didn't play that role with the Bengals at all, he was a streaker, downfield burst kind of guy, with some in cuts, but not what you'd consider a grinder. He's been remarkable so far and it's a testament to his character and work ethic. I don't think that's easy at all.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
He has really filled the Larry Fitz role nicely. He is playing closer to a middle aged Fitz not the Fit from the last two years. He has such a giant catch radius and boxes out the defender like a basketball player. It seems like he is always open

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still surprised how much he body catches rather than high pointing balls, but what he’s doing is working.

Just a ton of receiving weapons on this team. Reminds me of the 2015 passing offense as far as variety of Weapons. Except we now have a human cheat code playing QB v. Palmer that year.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He has really filled the Larry Fitz role nicely. He is playing closer to a middle aged Fitz not the Fit from the last two years. He has such a giant catch radius and boxes out the defender like a basketball player. It seems like he is always open
A part of me still thinks Larry would be good to have in the redzone right now. (as our #5 wr obviously)

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This dude has been a presence. I expected nothing from him. Like absolute zero. But his physicality is strangely fundamental to what we're doing. He's dragging guys every time he catches the ball. Not just today but all season so far, just banging and dragging dudes. What's odd to me is 1) how big he seems on the field, I mean I knew his size but he looks much more physical than anyone covering him and 2) he didn't play that role with the Bengals at all, he was a streaker, downfield burst kind of guy, with some in cuts, but not what you'd consider a grinder. He's been remarkable so far and it's a testament to his character and work ethic. I don't think that's easy at all.
Coordinators are taking notice and have to atone for him... I love the veteran presence they added this year. Feels like Keim might be leaning on Adrian and the players voice mentality.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He's already produced way beyond what I expected.....

If not for his 4-5 Bryant (Skillet-hands) Johnson moments, I would be beyond thrilled!

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Still surprised how much he body catches rather than high pointing balls, but what he’s doing is working.

Just a ton of receiving weapons on this team. Reminds me of the 2015 passing offense as far as variety of Weapons. Except we now have a human cheat code playing QB v. Palmer that year.
My dad and I were just talking about the body catching. At least he’s boxing out to make it work.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The thing with Green is he is a massive mismatch. Against any CB2/CB3 he's going to win 95% of the time. Kyler just needs to throw it up to him.

However, he's dropped a few now fired at his head face on. He needs to stop dropping those hands up catches.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks like everything is coming together for him. two great games in a row.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AJ was on NFL channel this pm. I'd never seen him do an interview before. I mentioned in another thread that he is likely having fun with this team, greatly appreciates what's happening, effusive in his praise of Kyler and is all in. What I saw confirmed that to me. I had no idea he is so soft spoken. Since I'd never seen him before, I somehow expected him to be full of bravado, talking smack etc. I was sure wrong about that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AJ was on NFL channel this pm. I'd never seen him do an interview before. I mentioned in another thread that he is likely having fun with this team, greatly appreciates what's happening, effusive in his praise of Kyler and is all in. What I saw confirmed that to me. I had no idea he is so soft spoken. Since I'd never seen him before, I somehow expected him to be full of bravado, talking smack etc. I was sure wrong about that.
Doesn’t surprise me that much. We’ve never seen him really display any of the histrionics that other diva WRs have over the years.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As Kirk and Green are both FA after this year it's unlikely Green will be back I would think. Unless he just wants to stay in this system and enjoy his football and money isn't a concern. Although there should be about $20m extra in cap space next year which might make it possible.

With the money Nuk is getting, plus Kirk would cost $10-12m (possibly more with the cap going up) it would be tough to pay Green his value if he gets the 1000 yards he looks on track for.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
As Kirk and Green are both FA after this year it's unlikely Green will be back I would think. Unless he just wants to stay in this system and enjoy his football and money isn't a concern. Although there should be about $20m extra in cap space next year which might make it possible.

With the money Nuk is getting, plus Kirk would cost $10-12m (possibly more with the cap going up) it would be tough to pay Green his value if he gets the 1000 yards he looks on track for.
The tough part is that Rondale makes Kirk more expendable than AJ Green.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson