AFC/NFC Divisional Round Weekend. 2020

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are designed / planned runs vs, play breakdown runs. Call me crazy.

Post game Mahomes was startled when told he led his team in rushing in that game.
To me, a hybrid QB is one where they can hurt you with their legs(whether play breakdown or designed) & make a throw from any platform. Also being more dangerous outside the pocket than inside. That’s exactly what describes Mahomes & Rodgers.

Traditional QBs are QBs that can just only hurt you with their arm when giving the chance(Goff, Cousins, etc). You won’t see them make any plays outside the pocket.

Like, what in the world is so traditional about this?

You must be registered for see images attach

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Dude, Lamar was the 5th quarterback taken. Not many were saying that. He has put in work, and has an unprecedented feel for the open field. He and his team really took the league by storm, and it's hard to say he's not one of the best players in the NFL right now. Even with a diminished OL at some point in time, he's just so natural as a runner.

Now, I think Kyler will have more longevity if everything goes right, because he isn't running as a primary function of the offense. But Lamar is amazing to watch, and will be back in the playoffs next year, most likely. With another year in that offense? Man oh man.

I'm talking about the perception this year.

Watching the Ravens was like watching a college team, wide open receivers streaking down the field. The first game I've seen where a defense keeps DBs close, and Lamar struggled. I saw at least 5 or 6 bad passes.

He is a top 5 player right now, but I dont think he is even close to a top 5 passer.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
To me, a hybrid QB is one where they can hurt you with their legs(whether play breakdown or designed) & make a throw from any platform. Also being more dangerous outside the pocket than inside. That’s exactly what describes Mahomes & Rodgers.

Traditional QBs are QBs that can just only hurt you with their arm when giving the chance(Goff, Cousins, etc). You won’t see them make any plays outside the pocket.

Like, what in the world is so traditional about this?

You must be registered for see images attach

Most shocking thing about Murray is how pedestrian he was out of the pocket.

He needs to improve a lot in this aspect, maybe more so than any other aspect of his game.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Just asking. Do you think he was told (with this offensive line) to not take a hit/fall down? Tom Brady does that...IIRC so did Peyton Manning.

There really isn't another explanation for it. He didn't do that in college.

I dont know. It would be pure speculation.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yes he did..

But he didnt run timid bro. He ran with determination, and avoided the hit when he saw it coming.

There were at least a dozen times when Murray took off, that if he put his mind to getting the edge, he would have, but instead he ran timidly.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
But he didnt run timid bro. He ran with determination, and avoided the hit when he saw it coming.

There were at least a dozen times when Murray took off, that if he put his mind to getting the edge, he would have, but instead he ran timidly.

Murray is probably not used to the speed of NFL defenders.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He was also likely 15 lbs over his college weight.
Here's an interesting thought..

I think he clearly bulked up to be able to handle the punishment in the NFL. However, if we had a great Oline (or eventually get one) would it be better if he lost a few few pounds to so he can be more dynamic?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dozen? I don't think so. Show me a dozen times when he could have gotten the edge but ran timidly.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose