Adrian Wilson GM and Demeco Ryans Head Coach make a lot of sense.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Okay Stout... your choices are AW,..or Oaken1 for new GM...who ya picking?

we all know Mike does not have it in him to go outside the organization for such a big hire...it just aint the Bidwill way.

and your clipping analogy... of course you do,...as long as the sprig you cut is not infected with the rot you are fine.

Im okay with giving AW a shot... not because he was a cardinal, or because he was a badass.... but because we all know AW works his ass off to chase excellence. Since being drafted into the NFL AW has never shown a moments complacency. Instead of sitting on his laurels he pushes to achieve and once you reach GM level super bowl is the only remaining goal.

But, you can pick Oaken1...he works cheap.
The NFL is a chance of a lifetime for many involved, and there are a ton of people employed by the 32 teams which do work their asses off for a chance at excellence and football immortality, but the level of competition is so high that working your ass off and even sometimes being just good is not good enough, Kliff Kingsbury is an example along with score of other coaches and GMs who stay late and come in early but just can't get it right

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
The AW love is pretty strange. Great Cardinal but probably isn’t fit to run a modern NFL scouting and personnel department.
The catch is we don't know. What he did as a Cardinal to endear us to him counts for nothing with the job description of being a general manager. What we do know about him, and the job title, is that he is part of the staff under Keim which has botched our drafts. Maybe he can be good, maybe Harris is better, but the way Bidwill will latch onto a guy once hired at a position so close to ownership, do you really want to roll the dice while you still have the likes of D-hop, Budda, and the possibilities of a dynamic QB who we hope beyond hope will somehow enter his prime soon

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Lou Riddick, Lou Riddick, Lou Riddick.....
There's a chance Sean Payton comes here if Michael digs deep enough. Louis Riddick is waiting for the perfect situation IMO.

Chances are Kliff is gone on Black Monday and Keim's fate might depend on who the new coach is.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The catch is we don't know. What he did as a Cardinal to endear us to him counts for nothing with the job description of being a general manager. What we do know about him, and the job title, is that he is part of the staff under Keim which has botched our drafts. Maybe he can be good, maybe Harris is better, but the way Bidwill will latch onto a guy once hired at a position so close to ownership, do you really want to roll the dice while you still have the likes of D-hop, Budda, and the possibilities of a dynamic QB who we hope beyond hope will somehow enter his prime soon
Harris ABSOLUTELY would be a better choice than AW, but Bidwill just doesn’t get it that we need to clean out the ENTIRE FO & Scouting Department.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Harris ABSOLUTELY would be a better choice than AW, but Bidwill just doesn’t get it that we need to clean out the ENTIRE FO & Scouting Department.
I have the same feelings about Harris, but that again is only a gut response and nothing I can hang my hat on

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Go look at the front office bios on the Cardinals website. Almost everyone has been with the organization 8-10 years at least. We need fresh blood. Whole scouting department even now in the year 2022 was born from the genius of Rod Graves and Steve Keim.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
If the choice is clean house or AW, the answer is clean house. If the choice is Keim or AW, the answer is AW.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The AW love is pretty strange. Great Cardinal but probably isn’t fit to run a modern NFL scouting and personnel department.
What do you know about Wilson’s player scouting, analytical tools and team building concepts? I’m not being snarky, you just said that pretty definitively like you have knowledge about beyond the mere fact he’s part of the organization and a member of Keim’s staff.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Go look at the front office bios on the Cardinals website. Almost everyone has been with the organization 8-10 years at least. We need fresh blood. Whole scouting department even now in the year 2022 was born from the genius of Rod Graves and Steve Keim.
Can’t really disagree with this.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cannot argue this point. As many on this board are aware, I have not been as big a critic of Keim as many are. But, there comes a point in time when changes for the good of the order are necessary. I believe it’s time. Can we trust Bidwill to improve upon our current mess. Absolutely NOT. But, still has to be done. You cannot change a culture by just replacing coaches & players. And that’s what the Bidwills have done for as long as I can remember. And that’s a very long time.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
What do you know about Wilson’s player scouting, analytical tools and team building concepts? I’m not being snarky, you just said that pretty definitively like you have knowledge about beyond the mere fact he’s part of the organization and a member of Keim’s staff.
I just don’t think a guy who’s only front office experience is in a losing culture with no accountability is going to know what it takes to build a winning one. I could be wrong but think it’s unlikely.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If the choice is clean house or AW, the answer is clean house. If the choice is Keim or AW, the answer is AW.
If you stay in house, I think that Harris is the better choice. He’s a Syracuse guy, and people I’m close to from the Syracuse University program have always said he’s a super bright guy who will be a very good NFL GM at some point in time. My fear is that maybe his training is now tainted. MB has never really cleaned house top to bottom. Probably needs to hire someone like Payton to teach him how a scouting department & FO should be built.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose