Adjustments for game 5 should be?

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Adjustments for game 5, yours?

1. Move Bridges onto Ingram - If jay isnt playing good D then hes useless other than for veteran presence. Slide shamet onto CJ. Plus, crowder is meant to be the four and get some rebounds and hes too far from the basket on Ingram all night.

2. Pick and roll with DA every time down the court. If not, give it to DA in the high post and let him go around Jonas. Jonas cant keep up. that will force willie green to take him out of the game

3. Draw up some plays to get Bridges free in the mid range. He needs to get in early offensive flow and hes usually automatic from mid.

4. CP not even trying to get to his spot on the elbow and when he does he doesnt shoot it. Im not going to tell CP how to play basketball so im going to chaulk this one up to a left hand injury thats been speculated.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns making Ingram look like a prime KD. He’s getting whatever he wants this has been pathetic by Crowder and Craig. Get physical with him knock him on his ass he’s way to comfortable. Ish, Crowder and Craig each got 6 fouls...USE THEM.

If Ayton is rolling keep it going. Don’t stop keep the pressure on. I hate when we do this. Monty

We flat out have to start making shots it’s honestly just that simple. We’re just so cold. Can’t keep shooting like this and expect to win.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Suns making Ingram look like a prime KD. He’s getting whatever he wants this has been pathetic by Crowder and Craig. Get physical with him knock him on his ass he’s way to comfortable. Ish, Crowder and Craig each got 6 fouls...USE THEM.

I think they have to play off of Ingram a little and make him a jump shooter. The closer the Suns played to him, the more easily he went around them. He's too long and quick to crowd, unless (maybe?) you're going to have Ayton try to do it.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Swap Payne and Holiday. I am a huge fan of loyalty, but Payne is unplayable right now. Holiday has got to be better.

Attack JV. Ayton ran him off the floor in game three- do the same thing again.

If Craig and Crowder cannot shoot or slow down Ingram, try Ish for a few minutes. Both of them have been so bad that Ish probably isn't gonna be worse.

Attack the damn rim!

Try doubling/ blitzing Ingram just for a couple of possessions to see how it works.

When they go small, drive to the rim every time. Force LN Jr. into pick and roll and drive to the basket.

capologist

Veteran
Reaction score
And after the game, complain about the free throw disparity.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To be fair if they gonna call a bunch of fouls in us then make them legit knock them on their ass fouls! Couple of hard fouls can turn someone into a jump shooter real fast. I would even try spurts of two bigs if we are getting killed on the boards. But really we need to play Suns ball we have all year but only in spurts in this series! Green has done a good job attacking us with his young players and his knowledge of our team which is why I did not want to play them! We would have handled the clippers easier IMO.

wagonmound464

Rookie
Reaction score
" I would even try spurts of two bigs if we are getting killed on the boards"

Worth a try! Suns getting killed on the boards with Pelicans scoring off the boards easily.
If this keeps up,,,,the lockers will be empty soon. Big changes are needed with Book out

OP
OP
N

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
" I would even try spurts of two bigs if we are getting killed on the boards"

Worth a try! Suns getting killed on the boards with Pelicans scoring off the boards easily.
If this keeps up,,,,the lockers will be empty soon. Big changes are needed with Book out

I like that too, im not just not sure if javelles ability to rotate on defense. I think Suns can force them to go small instead of having to insert another big

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Adjustments for game 5, yours?

1. Move Bridges onto Ingram - If jay isnt playing good D then hes useless other than for veteran presence. Slide shamet onto CJ. Plus, crowder is meant to be the four and get some rebounds and hes too far from the basket on Ingram all night.

2. Pick and roll with DA every time down the court. If not, give it to DA in the high post and let him go around Jonas. Jonas cant keep up. that will force willie green to take him out of the game

3. Draw up some plays to get Bridges free in the mid range. He needs to get in early offensive flow and hes usually automatic from mid.

4. CP not even trying to get to his spot on the elbow and when he does he doesnt shoot it. Im not going to tell CP how to play basketball so im going to chaulk this one up to a left hand injury thats been speculated.
Mikal has been on Ingram a lot, and is not coming close to stopping him.
I feel Jae does the best job.

I want to get bridges some 3 point shots, he's barely had any attempts. His mid range is very predictable, and prone to be blocked if the Defense is keyed in. He needs to cut to the hoop more and get more 3 point looks.

CP is not being allowed to get to his normal spot - because Willy knows the best way to guard him. He can still be effective, but not as effective. In my opinion he needs to make a more concerted effort to get deeper penetration more often to help beat the Defense being played against him.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would like to play Ish over Craig tonight.

Craig is giving you nothing offensively, and I think Ish might be able to defend just as well.

Also I would play Ayton 40+ minutes tonight. He has been the biggest difference maker for us and this is effectively an elimination game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Mikal has been on Ingram a lot, and is not coming close to stopping him.
I feel Jae does the best job.

I want to get bridges some 3 point shots, he's barely had any attempts. His mid range is very predictable, and prone to be blocked if the Defense is keyed in. He needs to cut to the hoop more and get more 3 point looks.

CP is not being allowed to get to his normal spot - because Willy knows the best way to guard him. He can still be effective, but not as effective. In my opinion he needs to make a more concerted effort to get deeper penetration more often to help beat the Defense being played against him.
The key is monty figuring out what they’re giving. Yes, willie knows Paul’s game and spots. And yes he’s doing a better job than most in taking them away. But in doing so he has to be giving something up. What is it monty? You’ve got four games of tape. We should see some impactful adjustments. Cmon Monty’s.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns might want to start a point of guard with Paul to take the pressure off of him.

I've been keen on starting Payne and Holiday off the bench but this might be the time to pair a point guard with Paul.

Holiday can spread the defense and handle the ball so maybe this is the time to start him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Suns might want to start a point of guard with Paul to take the pressure off of him.

I've been keen on starting Payne and Holiday off the bench but this might be the time to pair a point guard with Paul.

Holiday can spread the defense and handle the ball so maybe this is the time to start him.
That’s an interesting idea. Keep the bench more intact and hope they get off the schnide.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose