Adia Barnes gets the women Cats to the Final Four!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Adia did the impossible, taking a program that was in the basement and now has them in the Final Four. She is the women's version of Lute Olson. The future is so bright. I will not be surprised if they average close to 10,000 fans a game next year.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Watched the Elite 8 game.. first women’s game I have watched in ages. McDonald & Bueckers is a really good star matchup in Final 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flipping between Suns and Cats. I know it’s UCONN and they are the cream of the female crop year in year out but would this be like an All-Time upset with them 28-1?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Flipping between Suns and Cats. I know it’s UCONN and they are the cream of the female crop year in year out but would this be like an All-Time upset with them 28-1?

They were the #1 team in the country and a 13pt favorite. I’m not a WCBB expert but going thru UConn and Stanford to win it all would be like what the men did in 97’. Regardless of what happens Barnes should get a lifetime contract.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were the #1 team in the country and a 13pt favorite. I’m not a WCBB expert but going thru UConn and Stanford to win it all would be like what the men did in 97’. Regardless of what happens Barnes should get a lifetime contract.

they beat Stanford also? Watched the fourth quarter. Pretty awesome!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Just awesome. Adia has taken this program and put some serious life into it. Will be interesting to see how this team performs next year when Aari is gone, but it should be a perennial tournament team as long as Adia is in charge.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just awesome. Adia has taken this program and put some serious life into it. Will be interesting to see how this team performs next year when Aari is gone, but it should be a perennial tournament team as long as Adia is in charge.
It would be huge if Thomas and Baptiste decide to come back. Pellington is a very good player and will have a good shot at replacing Aari. She was the Big-12 FOY before transferring. Also, Barnes will probably get some nice players via the transfer portal. Season tickets are going to sky rocket. The program could be a money maker.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty remarkable. I follow Stanford some because of Hailey Jones. when she was a senior in HS the HR director where I worked had a daughter that played on the same Mitty team. We had a big event at work and she brought half the team with her so we got to meet Hailey, down to earth kid was already committed to Stanford. if you didn't know it was not possible to guess which girl was the #1 rated HS player in the country. Knee injury ended her season last year. So thrilled for her to hit the go ahead shot last night.

But I am amazed Arizona beat UCONN, been figuring all week even if Stanford gets to the finals they're losing because Bueckers(sp?) is just so good.

Should be a good game.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Off game for Aari McDonald and just couldn't get a clean look for the win. Good fight to stay in this and have a chance to win.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So proud of the team. Stanford had so much height but the Cats played great defense, which kept them in the game. This program is in great hands. All this national exposure will be so beneficial when it comes to recruiting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose