Adam Sandler movies ranked worst to first......

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I really despised it the first time I watched it although there were several laughs and the whole Buscemi story line was great. I can't remember who all was in the conversation but we talked about this movie (on this forum) several years ago and as a result I gave in and watched it a second time. I liked it a little better but still found most of the story line to be abrasively juvenile and again, I loved the Buscemi moments. Other than Buscemi and the handful of funny moments though, I felt like I was watching an uncensored Jerry Lewis movie.
Isn’t “abrasively juvenile” just fancy talk for “Adam Sandler?”

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn’t “abrasively juvenile” just fancy talk for “Adam Sandler?”

To a degree but it's less true in the AS movies I actually like. Billy Madison, vulgarities aside, could easily have been a prime era Jerry Lewis movie. Well, except for the Buscemi scenes, those outclass any traditional Lewis movie I can think of.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Billy Madison is an absolute guilty pleasure and probably my favorite Sandler movie

Then again, I didn't follow him to rom com land and then back to Chuck and Larry territory

Basically if it has a Dan Patrick cameo I probably haven't seen it

For time and place though, his early movies definitely landed and I still love Billy Madison

You can disagree, but just know that you'll be awarded no points and may God have mercy on your soul

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Has anyone seen his new Netflix Halloween movie? Jesus Christ is horrible.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
you watched it already? It looks gloriously bad.

We are doing a Halloween movie a night. My daughter like the Grown Ups movies so she wanted to watch it.

I’m a fan I love the early stuff don’t even mind some of the serious stuff but good lord it was bad

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are doing a Halloween movie a night. My daughter like the Grown Ups movies so she wanted to watch it.

I’m a fan I love the early stuff don’t even mind some of the serious stuff but good lord it was bad

didn’t realize it dropped already on Netflix.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Has anyone seen his new Netflix Halloween movie? Jesus Christ is horrible.

I saw part of the trailer while scrolling last night, my son is watching it at a friend's house.... Which means I won't be subject to it

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

As bad as it was, could a nine year old that gets nightmares from scary movies watch it?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As bad as it was, could a nine year old that gets nightmares from scary movies watch it?

I don’t think he’ll get nightmares.

I actually thought the first and third acts were pretty funny in an unbelievably stupid way. Big dip in the second act though.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We tried to watch "Murder Mystery 2" Sunday Night - what a god awful movie - absolutely nothing funny in the movie - just an annoying Sandler acting bad, screeching around. Lasted about 20 minutes before switching

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
He's not an acquired taste IMO, you either like him and his humor or you don't. Personally I like his humor but even still, many of his movies fall flat even for my tastes. As a result, he's one of the few talents I often watch but never recommend to strangers OR friends. But I will say this, if you watched The Wedding Singer and didn't enjoy the movie, I'd stay far away from most of his catalog.
I hated Sandler on SNL... couldnt figure out how anyone thought the guy was funny. But I absolutely love his movies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave