Adam Gase?

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got through an Adam Gase live interview on the Dan Lebatard Show. He killed it. Nothing like that TV disaster. He has a great sense of humor, totally accountable, well spoken, intelligent and a whole bunch of other positives. Sadly he will be continually roasted by the Twittersphere undeservedly. If it weren't for KK's hire, would have loved the guy coming here. Gotta believe this guy will turn the Jets around. Stephen Ross is a moron.

The podcast segment will be here soon. Worth a listen.

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/podcast/

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would have accepted him with open arms, if we had hired him.

I wouldn’t, but I certainly understand where you are coming from, Ronin. I think Gase did very well in Miami considering the surroundings and what he had to work with, and he has obviously proved through many years that he is a brilliant offensive mind. I am really intrigued to see what he can do with Sam Darnold as the quarterback.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wouldn’t, but I certainly understand where you are coming from, Ronin. I think Gase did very well in Miami considering the surroundings and what he had to work with, and he has obviously proved through many years that he is a brilliant offensive mind. I am really intrigued to see what he can do with Sam Darnold as the quarterback.
Maybe it is because Peyton Manning spoke highly of Gase and that was probably hook line sinker for me. Idk:)

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
I think a head coach's job is first and foremost to build a culture and team identity...I have no inside info, just observing from the cheap seats, Gase failed to do that in Miami...

I am not talking about the wins and loses either, it was the non-stop drama in MIA, week in and week out, it was something or more accurately someone --Landry, Suh, Pouncey, Ajayi, Reshad Jones, and others-- you combine that with back-to-back losing seasons and we know the rest.

And while I acknowledge that there are many outside factors that influence a ballclub's chemistry, it starts at the top, with the HC.

It will be interesting to see if he learned from his first HC experience, it will be interesting to see how he handles the unreasonable expectations from the jet faithful, we will see how he handles a talented sophomore QB and the relentless press, who will critique EVERYTHING.

A compelling story to be sure, I am glad we gambled on a high risk/high reward guy, might as well go big!