Aaron Hernandez Kills Himself in Prison

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aaron Hernandez, ex-NFL star and convicted murderer, kills self in prison

Aaron Hernandez, the former New England Patriots star who was convicted of murder in 2015, killed himself in his prison cell Wednesday morning, officials said.

Hernandez, 27, was found hanging in his cell by corrections officers around 3:05 a.m. at the Souza Baranowski Correctional Center, Massachusetts Department of Correction officials said in a statement.
He was pronounced dead an hour later.

Hernandez was in a single cell in a general population housing unit and hanged himself with a bed sheet attached to his cell window. He also tried blocking his door from the inside with various items, officials said.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Didn't Lawrence Phillips go out the same way? Of course there is a conspiracy theory that guards killed Phillips and made it look like a suicide.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
My daughter styled a Muscle Milk commercial here in Phoenix in early 2013 where Aaron Hernandez, Clay Matthews and few other sport athletes were involved.
I remember her saying at the time, Aaron was very polite and acommodating, the perfect gentleman. Clay Matthews on the other hand....

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clothesline by Butkus??

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My daughter styled a Muscle Milk commercial here in Phoenix in early 2013 where Aaron Hernandez, Clay Matthews and few other sport athletes were involved.
I remember her saying at the time, Aaron was very polite and acommodating, the perfect gentleman. Clay Matthews on the other hand....

Goes to show, the first impression isn't always the real one. It's usually just a front with these kind of guys. Wolf in sheep's clothing.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm around inmates every day and believe me, there are some who committed pretty ruthless crimes who were the most respectful people you could be around. You never know how that trigger is going to work. With Hernandez it was his unwillingness to give up the thug life. He thought he could balance his career while still being a gang banger. He was wrong.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I'm sure Caruth & Manson were better people before they snapped as well. Hernandez chose the gangsta thug life over family, football & a daughter.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This is creepy, because I was deep reading about this guy last night around 11:30/12:00... probably just around the time he was committing suicide.

I always still feel bad about this stuff, because of the whirlwind of consequence that leads to a person becoming this and doing this kind of thing. And, I know he put himself there, but being told "you're not leaving this room/complex for the rest of your existence" is a pretty tortuous thing I struggle to wrap my mind around. I think I'd lose my sanity over a year long prison sentence, much less the rest of my life.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I have worked with sucicidal folks for many years, most breakdown to 2 thought themes - I can't stand it anymore ( physical or mental anguish) or they would be better off without me - (whomever "they" may be) most never experienced and will never experience Aaron's high points or low points in life- I live somewhere in between and I'm ok with that. If there is a Saint Peter or a Lucifer - 12 virgins or a spaceship - I'll let them make the judgement - I'm convinced he can not make amends for wrongs after death - just good example of a bad example in life.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably. Still makes it a tragic and wasted life and she has to carry that, which is what I replied to.

No sympathy for him whatsoever, but there is this:

Researchers at Johns Hopkins Children’s Center found that children who are under 18 when their parents commit suicide are three times as likely as children with living parents to later commit suicide themselves.

:|

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson