Aaron Gordon

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be pretty surprised now if he doesn't go to UA. UW has won 4 straight but they still seem pretty likely to fade in conference.

The one comment I have on that is why would a kid who tells everyone he doesn't want to play in the paint be worried about how UA or UW handle their "bigs"? he's made it really clear he thinks he's a guard.

Right now UW features their bigs more than UA, their bigs just suck. But next year with McConnell a pass first PG there UA will likely be featuring the bigs more.

I know if I were advising Gordon right now I'd tell him to go to UA not UW.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
All websites indicate he's Arizona's recruit to lose. Gordon has watched both programs the past couple of months and sees the discrepancy in talent and coaching.

UW picked the absolute wrong time to start sucking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Has UW ever been that good?

They got fat off Lute's retirement process then once things normalized they went back to being UW.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has UW ever been that good?

They got fat off Lute's retirement process then once things normalized they went back to being UW.

They had the perfect situation to get Gordon though. Longtime friendship between Romar and the dad, uptempo style that Gordon wanted, and they had the perfect situation to promise him he could play the way he wants to play, even if it's likely not what's best for the team(more guard less big).

But most of that is gone. UW fans insist Romar is safe so he's probably not getting fired, but now they're playing more halfcourt sets. They're going to lose Gaddy with no clear replacement(freshman PG who's not really a PG) so no guarantee the offense won't fall off considerably. Gordon can play wherever he wants in that offense, but they're probably not going to be very good.

Even a month ago it still made sense for UW to lead, now it makes sense for UA to lead.

TJ

Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...g-rodeo-breaking-down-big-three-top-aau-teams

-- Aaron Gordon (6-foot-9, PF, Archbishop Mitty)

List: Washington, Arizona, Kentucky

Details: Has taken official visits to all three schools but plans on waiting to make a decision.

Breaking it down: Although it looks like Gordon is going to wait until the spring to make an official decision, some people in his camp seem to think he already has a good idea of where he's going. Washington has been involved the longest, as head coach Lorenzo Romar developed a relationship with the family through the father and older brother, Drew. That relationship has left the Huskies as one of the favorites throughout Gordon's recruitment. That said, Arizona feels very confident about its chances with Gordon. The Wildcats have a connection with the Oakland Soldiers AAU program as Brandon Ashley is already on the roster, and Gordon feels comfortable with the situation in Tucson. It remains to be seen whether he wants to join such a loaded frontcourt. Kentucky was behind the Pac-12 duo several months ago, but a home visit to California and Gordon's official trip to Lexington opened his eyes. However, among the sources that we spoke with, there are some questions as to his interest in playing alongside the Harrison twins at Kentucky.

Leader: Going into the week, I felt it was Washington. After discussions with multiple people, though, Arizona seems to be in good shape.

Not saying the UW game on Thursday will determine Gordon's commitment, but it wouldn't hurt to embarrass Romar in Seattle and make th decision for him that much easier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...g-rodeo-breaking-down-big-three-top-aau-teams

Not saying the UW game on Thursday will determine Gordon's commitment, but it wouldn't hurt to embarrass Romar in Seattle and make th decision for him that much easier.

I still say everyone is guessing, Borzello was wrong repeatedly last year he had Kyle staying East, Bazz to UK etc. But I do think UA is in a great spot with Gordon.

The nutty thing in that update, I get why FSU is up there for Wiggins but Randle? What is going on with FSU recruiting all of a sudden it sure makes you think Wiggins is a lock and he's recruiting Randle there too?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I feel that the fact that he is waiting until spring to decide should be cause for concern. If he really wanted to attend UA he would have committed by now. Calipari has shown the ability to lure/flip recruits at the last minute (see Terrence Jones). Not saying UA should panoc but the kid is hardly a lock.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The nutty thing in that update, I get why FSU is up there for Wiggins but Randle? What is going on with FSU recruiting all of a sudden it sure makes you think Wiggins is a lock and he's recruiting Randle there too?

Am I missing something? That article talks about Florida as a possible landing spot for Randle not FSU.

I hope Wiggins doesn't choose Kentucky, I'd like to see how he can handle carrying a team. It will also be curious to see how Kentucky's class plays out. Adding another 1-2 of Wiggins. Randle or Gordon could really hurt some of their draft stock if they can't live up to the insane expectations they'd have.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something? That article talks about Florida as a possible landing spot for Randle not FSU.

I hope Wiggins doesn't choose Kentucky, I'd like to see how he can handle carrying a team. It will also be curious to see how Kentucky's class plays out. Adding another 1-2 of Wiggins. Randle or Gordon could really hurt some of their draft stock if they can't live up to the insane expectations they'd have.

No you're right I think I read Florida and NC State and combined it to FSU.

That actually makes more sense, as I said FSU made no sense for Randle.

TJ

Reaction score
Oregon is now in the mix.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson