Aaron Freaking Gordon Baby!!!

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Commited today. Maybe best prospect ever to commit to UA. Definite top 2 pick whenever he decides to leave.

Sean Miller is building an EMPIRE!

OP
OP
Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
One and done?

Probaly. And thats pretty much the worst thing anyone can say about him. I read to day hes already projected as the #3 pick inthe 2013 draft had their been no age requirements.

Wiggins and Noel 1 and 2. Damn Kentucky is stacked.

Who cares though. This is the type of guy who can carry a team in the tournament ala Carmelo Anthony. And this upcoming team is more talented then that Syracuse title team IMO.

Just wait till people get a load of TJ McConnell. Wont even be fair.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Commited today. Maybe best prospect ever to commit to UA. Definite top 2 pick whenever he decides to leave.

Sean Miller is building an EMPIRE!

Doubt he goes top 2 in 2014. Great pickup for college but there are question marks about how he'll transition to the NBA.

OP
OP
Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Doubt he goes top 2 in 2014. Great pickup for college but there are question marks about how he'll transition to the NBA.

Umm you must not follow Basketball recruiting all that well

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/04/02/zagoria-imagining-an-nba-draft-with-no-age-limit/

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/

And if Wiggins and Randle are on same team its a good chance Gordon has chance to move ahead of either or both of them (although Wiggins is ridic)

All in all he is an elite NBA prospect. Likely best ever incoming to UA.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Umm you must not follow Basketball recruiting all that well

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/04/02/zagoria-imagining-an-nba-draft-with-no-age-limit/

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/

And if Wiggins and Randle are on same team its a good chance Gordon has chance to move ahead of either or both of them (although Wiggins is ridic)

All in all he is an elite NBA prospect. Likely best ever incoming to UA.

He's an elite college recruit but he has quite a bit to prove before I'd consider him an elite NBA prospect. To me Wiggins and Parker are both definitely a cut above anyone else in the class and would have to struggle mightily to be challenged. Gordon is in the next group of prospects with Randle, Andrew Harrison and Hezonja all of whom who could just as easily be drafted ahead of him(as well as some dark horse).

It's possible Gordon could be the #2 pick in '14 depending on who declares and how the season progresses, but it is by no means a lock though I'd be glad to revisit this topic in a year. And if the Gordon proves to be worthy of the #2 pick in what appears to be the strongest NBA draft class of the past 10 years I'll be happy for UA and will enjoy watching them.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He's an elite college recruit but he has quite a bit to prove before I'd consider him an elite NBA prospect. To me Wiggins and Parker are both definitely a cut above anyone else in the class and would have to struggle mightily to be challenged. Gordon is in the next group of prospects with Randle, Andrew Harrison and Hezonja all of whom who could just as easily be drafted ahead of him(as well as some dark horse).

It's possible Gordon could be the #2 pick in '14 depending on who declares and how the season progresses, but it is by no means a lock though I'd be glad to revisit this topic in a year. And if the Gordon proves to be worthy of the #2 pick in what appears to be the strongest NBA draft class of the past 10 years I'll be happy for UA and will enjoy watching them.

That's the beauty of going to college and being coached by one of the elites in the industry. He has the opportunity to work on those skills and play against tougher competition than 5'10" white boys with oily skin and bad acne.

For his position, Gordon has very few weaknesses. His only glaring weakness is free throw shooting. Fortunately, Sean Miller was an excellent free throw shooter at Pitt and puts great emphasis on players getting better at the line. I can't recall one player regressing as a FT shooter under the tutelage of Miller. Even Tarc, a historically pitiful free throw shooter (like Deandre Jordan bad), was shooting around 65% during PAC 12 competition.

I'll trust that Gordon will develop into an elite talent while at Arizona. And if he is a one-and-done, which is very rare for Arizona players, it's a small price to pay for significant depth in the 2014 tourney.

OP
OP
Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
That's the beauty of going to college and being coached by one of the elites in the industry. He has the opportunity to work on those skills and play against tougher competition than 5'10" white boys with oily skin and bad acne.

For his position, Gordon has very few weaknesses. His only glaring weakness is free throw shooting. Fortunately, Sean Miller was an excellent free throw shooter at Pitt and puts great emphasis on players getting better at the line. I can't recall one player regressing as a FT shooter under the tutelage of Miller. Even Tarc, a historically pitiful free throw shooter (like Deandre Jordan bad), was shooting around 65% during PAC 12 competition.

I'll trust that Gordon will develop into an elite talent while at Arizona. And if he is a one-and-done, which is very rare for Arizona players, it's a small price to pay for significant depth in the 2014 tourney.

Yup. I actually feel like although Wiggins is a better prospect now, Miller > Calipari in developing players. Most of the Memphis and Kentucky guys other then maybe Anthony Davis were studs coming in. Miller developed guys like Hill and Williams so far and now he is getting Kentucky level talent.

Scary to see what he does with that.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
For those interested he'll be playing in the McDonald's All-American game tonight at 6:30pm local time.

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
couple nice dunks so far from Aaron Gordon... looks like he'll be a great addition!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gordon is sick. Rondae plays great defense. Can't wait until next season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave