A simple question...

Do you think Kyler is adequately prepared for games?

• Yes

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • No

Votes: 50 94.3%

• Total voters

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
All the Kliff and Keim talk is a distraction for me. It's a separate issue. Keim should have gone some time ago. I'm more ambivalent on Kliff because frankly I don't see who replaces him that is better.

But I won't accept Kyler doesn't have the tools to be much better. Before Kyler broke him Hollywood was on track for 1400 yards. Ertz was on track for 800. Since Rondale has been back he's had 50 yards a game. Green is a ghost but then Kyler ignores him like he's been boning his mom.

Kyler had a higher passer rating, YPA and QBR as a rookie throwing to Fitz's corpse, Kirk, Pharoah Cooper and Dan Arnold. His starting O line contained Sweezy, Shipley and Justin Murray.

There's no offensive talent issue. A QB playing poorly makes everyone look bad.

What pisses me off the most is in his presser it's all WE. Not once did he call himself out. He finished the game with a pass that got his best friends ankle crushed and he still couldn't say "It's on me. I have to play better".

Agree, but I mentioned a few weeks back that KK using 'we' was getting on my nerves. So, we can surmise that KM is keeping with the theme.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
First I would fire Kingsbury despite cost.
Second Joseph becomes interim HC.
Third I would bench Murray and let him know if he wants his money he’ll spend the next 4+ years guarding the bench.
Fourth for next season, hire a new HC.
Fifth he offers Murray a chance to get off the bench if he will do what he should have done to earn the job.
Let Murray either be a humiliated pretender or grow up and do the work.

I'm okay with points 1 and 2, but beyond that, it's pointless retribution.

If you key on KK as the problem, it should follow that one allows KM to get his act together on the field.

Sitting him makes precisely '0' sense.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm okay with points 1 and 2, but beyond that, it's pointless retribution.

If you key on KK as the problem, it should follow that one allows KM to get his act together on the field.

Sitting him makes precisely '0' sense.
Agreed. Benching Kyler after making the move to fire Kliff is not feasible. You could empower Vance to bench him if he deems it appropriate but even then I feel like that is far-fetched.

Kyler's issue is on game day but it isn't "game day". His issue is what he is not doing the other 6 days of the week (which I deem is caused by a lack of self awareness vs laziness) on his own and doesn't have a HC who can get through to him to change that.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Agreed. Benching Kyler after making the move to fire Kliff is not feasible. You could empower Vance to bench him if he deems it appropriate but even then I feel like that is far-fetched.

Kyler's issue is on game day but it isn't "game day". His issue is what he is not doing the other 6 days of the week (which I deem is caused by a lack of self awareness vs laziness) on his own and doesn't have a HC who can get through to him to change that.

I wish we knew if this was true rather than seemingly extrapolating from results.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Screw waiting--he needs benched now.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I wish we knew if this was true rather than seemingly extrapolating from results.
Occam's razor.

Throwing mechanics are not a game day issue.

Pocket awareness is not a game day issue.

Situational awareness is not a game day issue.

Understanding the opposing defense is not only a game day issue.

Understanding where you need to adjust if the defense takes away certain things is not only a game day issue.

Every one of these things are prepared for outside of game day. It isn't 100%, but it is at least 95%. So, if a player has talent, wants to win, and is not lazy (all things I believe to be true about Kyler) then ignorance in not knowing what he needs to do is the natural cause for struggle.

Now if you think Kyler is lazy, that would be different. If you think Kyler doesn't care about winning, that would be different. If you think Kyler does not have talent, that would be different. But IMO, believing any of those is more of a stretch by far.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose