A Quiet Place

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My daughter and I really enjoyed this movie.

It was so quiet in the theater that I was afraid to make a bunch of noise eating my popcorn. So I tried to stay super quiet just like the characters in the movie. This made it feel like I was actually a part of this movie.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I just watched this one. I missed the hype when it came out, but when i mentioned I watched it I was taken aback a little by all the glowing feedback - I could see that theaters would provide a unique experience

The movie itself was solid.

I liked it.

I could probably get my wife to watch it and she doesn't do horror.

They do a nice job of building tension. You do end up caring about the kids.

The audible monster concept is interesting, especially in a world where noise is constant.

There are just way too many "but why" moments where they shoehorn something in to advance a plot or they ignore their own rules/world or just make poor logic decisions based on what they know

With all of that the one that really bugged me is this: up

Why the nail? What is the point? Why would that even exist? Who drives a thin gauge nail from the bottom of the steps so it's pointing straight up about 1/3 of the way into step? Why wouldn't this be a problem earlier? Why not just use the plentiful tools you have and just bend it down? That can be done without noise.

I like the tension, I like the throwback feel, I like the absence of gore, I like the family dynamic and human element that is exposed.

There are just so many "why" moments that you break from the movie.

Good, solid flick...... Definitely no masterpiece

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally saw this tonight. I liked it a lot even though the genre of movie is not normally my thing. Krasinski was lookin gooooood! And Emily is one of my faves.

Reaction score
There's suspending reality, and there's gaping plot holes that just can't be overlooked.

I did have a friend describe to me their 'get around' device.

I watched it this morning & there were a lot of gaping plot holes. Why not set up loud speakers everywhere & blast music or any noise for that matter to confuse them? Then they can sit on top of the grain bin & pick them off with a rifle. They could have easily figured out a way to kill them in a year & 3 months. I liked it but it was a stupid premise.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I thought it was decent.

As a horror buff, I can say the best horror movie of 2018 was Hereditary. Mandy was better too (rare good Nick Cage movie)

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
I just watched it at home and I thought it was really good. It was totally a allegory for parenting while being a pretty good horror film

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just watched it at home and I thought it was really good. It was totally a allegory for parenting while being a pretty good horror film

yeah... listened to a podcast with Krazinsky a couple days ago about this film and he approached it with the idea of making a family drama first and foremost, wrapping it around supernatural circumstances. Thought he did a really solid job and was bummed when i heard he was going right back to the well to make a sequel instead of seeing another original idea from a young filmmaker who had a blank check after a very successful critical and box office winner on his first time out.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Just saw this one to prepare for watching the 2nd installment. Loved it, very well made flick.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just saw the first one recently since part two is coming out. pretty fun movie. it did have plt holes, sure, but it was a fun watch. I'm not to thrilled about a sequal with the changes that happened in the first one but those changes were powerful and I am sure I will watch it someday.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose