A little bit disappointed in the ticket office

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So last week I called the ticket office to inquire about the procedure for playoff ticket payment. I specifically asked them if they were sending out an email saying when they would charge my credit card for playoff tickets. I was told there would be an email sent out letting me know when that would happen after the playoff game was set.

This of course is because 1) I don't even remember what card I put on file, and 2) my card I use for discretionary expensive is burning up because of Christmas.

As many of you know the ticket office sent out a notice tonight saying "your card is being charged NOW for playoff tickets." No payment amount is listed whatsoever. Yes, he price is on my tickets at home, but those are at home... Locked away.

Honestly a really bad move to change fans as they are walking out of the stadium without any warning when you specifically tell them there will be a warning.

First bad experience I have had with service :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah you would think those guys would be off on Sunday they certainly didn't waste any time charging our cards at all....

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah you would think those guys would be off on Sunday they certainly didn't waste any time charging our cards at all....
They have these things called computers that do a lot of stuff w/o anyone having to be there:D

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
You could have had to pay the entire amount up front like the last time we hosted playoff games.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So last week I called the ticket office to inquire about the procedure for playoff ticket payment. I specifically asked them if they were sending out an email saying when they would charge my credit card for playoff tickets. I was told there would be an email sent out letting me know when that would happen after the playoff game was set.
Ummmm....

This of course is because 1) I don't even remember what card I put on file, and 2) my card I use for discretionary expensive is burning up because of Christmas.
Why is that the Cards fault?

As many of you know the ticket office sent out a notice tonight saying "your card is being charged NOW for playoff tickets." No payment amount is listed whatsoever. Yes, he price is on my tickets at home, but those are at home... Locked away.

Honestly a really bad move to change fans as they are walking out of the stadium without any warning when you specifically tell them there will be a warning.

First bad experience I have had with service :(
The PO game was decided today once the W was official hence the charge.

As mentioned, it's likely all automated. I guess you could have the card declined and lose your PO tickets though.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I got charged for 3 games. Wild card, Divisional and Championship game.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I guess they like me better I only got charged for one

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Anyone know if/when single game playoff tickets go on sale to the public?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's "Pay as we Play" and you should've been charged only for the Divisional round. I know I was charged for that alone.

OP
OP
splitsecond

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
To be clear, the charge isn't the issue. The issue is that I called them and specifically asked protocol last week and wast told there would be an email sent out before the charge. They also don't list in the email how much the charge is for. I know what face value is for the tickets, but service charges? No idea.

Lastly, doing it at the end of Christmas weekend without warning is, in my opinion, a really bad move. It may also be a violation of the VISA merchant terms. In my business we run payments over the phone and automatically and if we dont have very, very specific SIGNED paperwork the charges don't meet the VISA requirements.

Not complaining at all about having to pay, just the idea that I was charged while walking out of the stadium where I spent plenty of money after being told an email would be sent out ahead of time.

OP
OP
splitsecond

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Also, it is possible the NFL is in charge of playoff ticketing and not the team itself.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see why the OP is upset. I was reluctant to set up the pay as we play plan myself, but was convinced because they told me nothing would be charged until the games were set and that there would be notice given before any charges were to go through. We have no credit cards so it was set up on my debit. Thankfully, being out of debt, there is money in there to cover it, but I had no idea I was charged until I read this thread. They had assured me there would be notice and then even a slight delay - in case one needed to transfer any funds to cover the amount, etc. Clearly not as advertised. Again - it didn't affect us, but I can see why some would not be too happy at the procedure. I would have expected an email tonight saying something like "Within 24 hours / or on Monday at 3 PM, the card you have on file will be charged for one game." Probably just automated as others have said. It is entirely possible that representatives were told one thing and the system was actually set up differently.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how or when the decision will be made whether the Cards will play on Jan 16th or 17th?

I have some final travel plans to make to get to the game.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Does anyone know how or when the decision will be made whether the Cards will play on Jan 16th or 17th?

I have some final travel plans to make to get to the game.

I am wondering the same thing. I am either taking off work on Friday or Monday, depending on the game day. Pretty sure we are just going to end up driving out either way.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I got the email as I was walking out of the stadium yesterday, then my Amex was charged shortly afterwards - for the first game only, but in full for that game. We sold our Rams tickets via Ticket Exchange earlier this year due to being out of town, for $250 total.. should that not have been applied to my playoff charge? I just logged into my account and don't even see a way to see a balance from sold tickets. Never pulled the money out, intended to leave it there towards playoffs or next season's renewal. Just emailed the Cards asking wtf.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
People complaining about how they were charged for their playoff tickets.. I am so glad we have these first world NFL city problems!

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am wondering the same thing. I am either taking off work on Friday or Monday, depending on the game day. Pretty sure we are just going to end up driving out either way.

TJ posted a link that said they announce the playoff games dates and times immediately after the final regular season game. So we should know Sunday night.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's "Pay as we Play" and you should've been charged only for the Divisional round. I know I was charged for that alone.

All I know is they took out not billed $910.00. 4 tickets at $75.00 and a parking pass you do the math. It's ok they can put the money towards the NFC championship game or next season.

It's all good.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I got the email as I was walking out of the stadium yesterday, then my Amex was charged shortly afterwards - for the first game only, but in full for that game. We sold our Rams tickets via Ticket Exchange earlier this year due to being out of town, for $250 total.. should that not have been applied to my playoff charge? I just logged into my account and don't even see a way to see a balance from sold tickets. Never pulled the money out, intended to leave it there towards playoffs or next season's renewal. Just emailed the Cards asking wtf.

Here's the reply I got this morning (kudos for a quick response). Sounds like a clusterfarkle to me, but then again, Ticketmaster runs the operation, so why would I expect it to make any sense and be simple to use?

The money was wired over from Ticket Exchange as an internal credit, meaning it can be viewed by logging in to your Ticket Exchange Account itself (not your Cardinals Account). Unless told otherwise we will only automatically apply it to your season tickets themselves. If you would like it as a check, used for Single Game tickets, etc. You would need to tell us specifically what you want done if it is anything but being applied to your season tickets.

Single Game tickets can only be purchased with credit in person.

Thank you for your continued support,

That's pretty lame. The money is "wired over" to my Cardinals account from Ticket Exchange (apparently), but then can only be viewed through my Ticket Exchange account, which for some reason is separate from my Cardinals account. Then, even though the money is now in my Cardinals account, they don't automatically apply it towards playoff tickets, unless I tell them to - which would be fine, if they told us that IN ADVANCE. Just a deceptive way to raise more cash, IMHO. Oh well, they're paid for, and the balance will go towards the season ticket renewal.

Last edited:

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Some warning would have been nice so I could have gotten my friends money up front, but whatever. I'll be poor in my checking account until their paypal money goes through. Wife's out of town still in Oregon, her parents don't make her pay for anything and I don't spend money when she's not here so I'll be fine :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson