1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Cameron Cox
@CamCox12

·
Sep 1, 2020
Nick Ahmed on #Dbacks GM Mike Hazen basically admitting yesterday this season isn't working "That's infuriating. Hopefully Mike (Hazen) stops making comments like that. That pisses me off as a player... There's no one with that attitude in this clubhouse."

From the looks of it, everyone in the clubhouse has that attitude, including Nick Ahmed...

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
From the looks of it, everyone in the clubhouse has that attitude, including Nick Ahmed...
It rolls downhill. How could it not?

It is demoralizing for the fans to watch. How could it not be for the players to live it?

Now that, as you pointed out, Ketel is on the DL as soon as the old, tired routine of
moving him back and forth from 2B to CF. And the dysfunctional Manager not being
held accountable.

How happy we were to have two Marte's . . . and now we have none. Responsibility
needs to be pinpointed (before he does even more damage).

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It rolls downhill. How could it not?

It is demoralizing for the fans to watch. How could it not be for the players to live it?

Now that, as you pointed out, Ketel is on the DL as soon as the old, tired routine of
moving him back and forth from 2B to CF. And the dysfunctional Manager not being
held accountable.

How happy we were to have two Marte's . . . and now we have none. Responsibility
needs to be pinpointed (before he does even more damage).

How soon until Ketel demands to be traded?...

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
How soon until Ketel demands to be traded?...
Ya think he and DBook will work out a tandem trade to the same new city? :(

I've mentioned that I visited Phoenix in 1970 and started laying the groundwork
to move here in '78. My license plate reads (phonetically) PARADISE.

As marginal as our pro sports teams have been (except for the Mercury), I have
stood by them (yes, posting critical comments).

This is the least happy time in my past half-century of following Valley sports.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Here is a long, detailed analysis of the status of the D-backs, looking ahead to next season. It sums up the disappointments quite well.

You must be registered for see images attach

It is interesting that Hazen makes no reference to the Manager and coaching staff in evaluating the team. How can they not be included in
the critique?

By moving last season's #2 RBI man to leadoff, following the weakest part of the lineup, Ketel adjusted to the role and hit just two home
runs in the short season. Just as Lovullo then did with Calhoun.

I am going to be an optimist and conclude that Hazen is realistic enough to know that Torey has played the largest part in the team's decline.
And that he has not included him in the evaluation because he has nothing good to say. And, with the season drawing to an end, he will take
action when it is over.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ks-after-disappointing-mlb-season/5859616002/

Last edited:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is a long, detailed analysis of the status of the D-backs, looking ahead to next season. It sums up the disappointments quite well.

It is interesting that Hazen makes no reference to the Manager and coaching staff in evaluating the team. How can they not be included in
the critique?

By moving last season's #2 RBI man to leadoff, following the weakest part of the lineup, Ketel adjusted to the role and hit just two home
runs in the short season. Just as Lovullo then did with Calhoun.

I am going to be an optimist and conclude that Hazen is realistic enough to know that Torey has played the largest part in the team's decline.
And that he has not included him in the evaluation because he has nothing good to say. And, with the season drawing to an end, he will take
action when it is over.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ks-after-disappointing-mlb-season/5859616002/

I'm confused. You complain about players trying to hit homeruns and then you are critical of Ketel not hitting homeruns?

You do realize that last year was and still is an outlier for Ketel right?

Odds are astronomically high that Torey will still be in place when the 2021 season starts so I would suggest while you are hoping for a different outcome that you start preparing yourself for what is likely coming. Even so, you want the guy who thought Torey was the right choice in the first place to make the decision again?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I'm confused. You complain about players trying to hit homeruns and then you are critical of Ketel not hitting homeruns?

You do realize that last year was and still is an outlier for Ketel right?

Odds are astronomically high that Torey will still be in place when the 2021 season starts so I would suggest while you are hoping for a different outcome that you start preparing yourself for what is likely coming. Even so, you want the guy who thought Torey was the right choice in the first place to make the decision again?

I mentioned the quote about Ketel hitting only two HR's so far, but my main concern
was about his being second in RBI's last season and having to adapt to the leadoff
role this season. Based on last season, he is best suited for the heart of the order.

I am not against players hitting HR's. I am against them making "lift" their go-to
swing on every pitch. As I have posted, I would like to see line drives to left-
canter or right-center as their go-to swing.

And, as I've also posted, if they get a pitch they think they can "lift" for a HR,
go for it, if it best serves the situation. Including when we need a sac fly.

As far as the GM, no, I think he should be let go with Lovullo. Choose an
experienced GM and let him choose the next Manager. And hope that
Sarver (continues to keep hands-off and) lets them do their jobs.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I mentioned the quote about Ketel hitting only two HR's so far, but my main concern
was about his being second in RBI's last season and having to adapt to the leadoff
role this season. Based on last season, he is best suited for the heart of the order.

I am not against players hitting HR's. I am against them making "lift" their go-to
swing on every pitch. As I have posted, I would like to see line drives to left-
canter or right-center as their go-to swing.

And, as I've also posted, if they get a pitch they think they can "lift" for a HR,
go for it, if it best serves the situation. Including when we need a sac fly.

As far as the GM, no, I think he should be let go with Lovullo. Choose an
experienced GM and let him choose the next Manager. And hope that
Sarver (continues to keep hands-off and) lets them do their jobs.

You mean Kendrick, but yeah...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Torey has a year left on his deal and they’re not paying two managers next year.

Then next year is going to be a dumpster fire, and I hope that Varsho, Gallen, Marte, Walker, Carroll, Robinson, Thonas and Perdomo find a way not to play a single inning with the MLB club, so as not to develop bad habits and kill their futures.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
You mean Kendrick, but yeah...
Oops! From a basketball team out of the playoffs for over a decade to a last place baseball team, sometimes they blend together.

And knowing that the Mercury will be rebuilding when their 38-year old star ends her career.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose