A Laundry Quandary

Derek in Tucson

Veteran
Reaction score
At the game today, my wife got her DBacks jersey autographed by Craig Counsell and Danny Bautista. Not having any experience with this, I didn't know what to recommend to her to keep the blue sharpie ink from running or fading short of not wearing and washing it. Anybody out there have any experience with this sort of laundry quandary? All methods not involving live cats, voodoo, and middle of the night runs to the cemetary would be appreciated.

AZZenny

Reaction score
I've wondered myself - a good drycleaner may be able to tell you how to "set" the stain - or maybe contact Sharpie - I'm sure they have a website. Let us know.

Moose Lady

Veteran
Reaction score
One of my baseball buddies from the BOB has told me several times that she's washed her jersey many times and has quite a few names on it and not one of them has ever washed out or even bled. I've seen it but I would still get a little worried if I tried that, waiting to see if it was true. She just uses a regular Sharpie. There are laundry marking sharpie like pens you can buy which might be a better option.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose