A huge pick me up

CorporalCardinal

Look! A Cards fan in Iraq
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That game, while a heart-attack waiting to happen, it was a much needed relief from the disastrous season of 2010.

Kolb seems to be the real deal. His ability to create on the move and slide from pressure that the O-Line had difficulty picking up was impressive. His reads were spot on and he remained cool and collected throughout the game.

The run game was explosive at times, Beanie looked like the guy we drafted him to be. However it stumbled down the stretch; we have to learn how to maintain the roadgrader edge. Sherman looked awesome as a fullback; he tatooed someone every play.

Doucet and Roberts did a nice job, but Larry Legend still needs help to get the double coverage off him. King reminded everyone that early in his career he was a solid receiver and Heap looked damn good.

Defense was sickening though and Feely wiffing was a moment of "same old Cards". The secondary HAS to tighten up; coughing up 400 yards to Cam Newton in his debut exposed us for what we are: young and inexperienced at the corners.

Peterson and the Hyphen make Special teams a strength; both are dangerous return men and Howling is hell of a coverage guy.

However, taken as a whole, it was a fun as hell game. That was a treat to watch, especially here in Iraq. This is what makes me a Cardinals fan; no matter how up and down they are I still love watching them. Thanks Cards for giving me a taste of home while deployed. GO CARDS!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont worry about the secondary.. Lest you forget Money Mike should be back this week or next. :)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The untold story - I hate that freaking call on Marshall for leaving his feet to hit Cam (5'11" vs 6'5" and he went in the air to hit him shoulder to shoulder...bad call, IMO) because it negated a DWash interception. This happened right after Feely's miss.
They go on to score a TD.

That flipped the game completely, IMO. We go from what should be 10-7 at half (7-7 at worst with the ball at midfield and 30 seconds left) to down 7-14.

A missed FG from the 18 followed by an arguable roughing the passer penalty = an out of control game.

Redleg

Reaction score
Better change your name, Looey. I know you are not a corporal anymore.:D

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The untold story - I hate that freaking call on Marshall for leaving his feet to hit Cam (5'11" vs 6'5" and he went in the air to hit him shoulder to shoulder...bad call, IMO) because it negated a DWash interception. This happened right after Feely's miss.
They go on to score a TD.

That flipped the game completely, IMO. We go from what should be 10-7 at half (7-7 at worst with the ball at midfield and 30 seconds left) to down 7-14.

A missed FG from the 18 followed by an arguable roughing the passer penalty = an out of control game.

In fact, a bad call according to the league, after review.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can't change the user name unless I get a new account; too lazy to

Name changes are easy CC. Shoot me and/or jf-08 a PM and we'll change it to whatever you want. Name is just an attribute, you are user #1986 so won't affect any of your post count or past posts.

Thanks for your service.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
I hope you get to see many more Cardinals games. Thanks for your service and stay safe out there.

OP
OP
CorporalCardinal

CorporalCardinal

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Name changes are easy CC. Shoot me and/or jf-08 a PM and we'll change it to whatever you want. Name is just an attribute, you are user #1986 so won't affect any of your post count or past posts.

Thanks for your service.

Thanks a ton, but I'll just wait a few months till I pick up Captain, then I'll come a callin' that way I won't have to change it for about 5 years

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks a ton, but I'll just wait a few months till I pick up Captain, then I'll come a callin' that way I won't have to change it for about 5 years

OK, just let us know when you get that promo.

In the meantime, I bumped you to contributor status so you won't see the ads and hopefully make your visits here more enjoyable.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
Kolb seems to be the real deal. His ability to create on the move and slide from pressure that the O-Line had difficulty picking up was impressive.

This is actually one thing that troubles me about him a little. He seems more prone to rolling out then stepping up and letting the pocket reform. This might be necessary with Levi, but most good pocket QBs that I've watched will generally step up when the edge rush beats the tackles rather then rolling out.

I feel this is also a good time to point out that I thought the interior blocking was excellent against the Panthers. College, Sendlien, and Hadnot deserve a shout out.

Captain Matt

Registered
Reaction score

You know... that's what I thought years ago. But, time flies and the promotions just don't stop (unless you screw up). Now I am counting down the days until I slap on the silver oak leaves.

So what was your commissioning path? I was a prior service, had a break for a couple of years then went the ROTC route. Hard to believe that was 15+ years ago. Still remember how proud I was to make non-comm, you carry that with ya for the rest of your career. But my best advise is not to advertise your background. Let the troops figure it our through your actions. I always surprise folks when I jump on the line and start humping boxes just to get the job done so we can all go home. You'd be surprised at how quickly you completely command their loyalty after that.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
You know... that's what I thought years ago. But, time flies and the promotions just don't stop (unless you screw up). Now I am counting down the days until I slap on the silver oak leaves.

So what was your commissioning path? I was a prior service, had a break for a couple of years then went the ROTC route. Hard to believe that was 15+ years ago. Still remember how proud I was to make non-comm, you carry that with ya for the rest of your career. But my best advise is not to advertise your background. Let the troops figure it our through your actions. I always surprise folks when I jump on the line and start humping boxes just to get the job done so we can all go home. You'd be surprised at how quickly you completely command their loyalty after that.

Pretty sure this doesn't mean what it sounds like, but didn't stop me from giggling like an 8 year old school girl! :D

Thanks to you too for serving our country!!

OP
OP
CorporalCardinal

CorporalCardinal

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is actually one thing that troubles me about him a little. He seems more prone to rolling out then stepping up and letting the pocket reform. This might be necessary with Levi, but most good pocket QBs that I've watched will generally step up when the edge rush beats the tackles rather then rolling out.

I feel this is also a good time to point out that I thought the interior blocking was excellent against the Panthers. College, Sendlien, and Hadnot deserve a shout out.

Interior line looked good, no doubt, but the pressure kept coming off the edge; however, the hot reads that Kolb made were what really impressed me

OP
OP
CorporalCardinal

CorporalCardinal

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well Sir, I started as a 11B back in 2000; scooped up my degree in 08 and went through OCS. Now I'm out on the line as a 13A Redleg from hell ha. The guys constantly have to remind me that they do the grunt work; they like that I'll get dirty but constantly stop me too.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave