A Futuristic Preview of what the game could look like

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
50 years from now many of you 'youngsters' will still be watching NFL football. Imagine what changes may have been made to change, improve, or even make safer in the latter half of this century.

I imagine that we will take more advantage of technology with the incorporation of electronic sensors in the players uniforms, helmets, as well as the balls. Many of the penalties could be automated with electronics to determine things like holding, hits to the helmet/head, etc. For instance, if an Olman's hands extend outside the shoulders with enough force to be registered as holding. Refs would all have a very small i-pad like units with lights that let them know when any foul existed. Similar tech could be used with lasers/etc to acknowledge offsides, if ball crosses goal line, etc. thus avoiding all the stoppages and wasted time of replays trying to determine what really happened. The results would instantly be pointed out on, not only the refs "i-pads", but instantly to the scoreboard for all fans to see the moment something is registered by the sensors. Even between the goal posts there would be an electronic field extending straight up that would register a FG as good if and when it breaks or makes contact with the electronic field.

What can you imagine the future being for NFL football?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
50 years from now many of you 'youngsters' will still be watching NFL football. Imagine what changes may have been made to change, improve, or even make safer in the latter half of this century.

I imagine that we will take more advantage of technology with the incorporation of electronic sensors in the players uniforms, helmets, as well as the balls. Many of the penalties could be automated with electronics to determine things like holding, hits to the helmet/head, etc. For instance, if an Olman's hands extend outside the shoulders with enough force to be registered as holding. Refs would all have a very small i-pad like units with lights that let them know when any foul existed. Similar tech could be used with lasers/etc to acknowledge offsides, if ball crosses goal line, etc. thus avoiding all the stoppages and wasted time of replays trying to determine what really happened. The results would instantly be pointed out on, not only the refs "i-pads", but instantly to the scoreboard for all fans to see the moment something is registered by the sensors. Even between the goal posts there would be an electronic field extending straight up that would register a FG as good if and when it breaks or makes contact with the electronic field.

What can you imagine the future being for NFL football?
I think with your proposed electronic advances every football stadium should be equipped with a giant red light at the top and whenever there’s an infraction it lights up and a loud annoying buzzer goes off like when you touched the sides in the game Operation.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kill me now.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yeah.... I like the human element in the game.... bad calls help creat rivalries.... even though we got screwed more often than not by the officials infatuation with the Cowboys.... it just made it that much sweeter when we waltzed into Dallas and knocked them out of the playoffs

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The only thing I really want to see technology-wise is put sensors in the ball and in the first down and endzone markers. Put an end to bad spots, or terrible camera angles, impacting games.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think with your proposed electronic advances every football stadium should be equipped with a giant red light at the top and whenever there’s an infraction it lights up and a loud annoying buzzer goes off like when you touched the sides in the game Operation.
LMAOOOOO!!