A Few Encouraging Thoughts About the Game

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
While I thought Murray’s overall play was poor, he did target more different receivers than usual. I know there were injury substitutions.

The place kicking looked solid.

Dortch is the quality player I predicted last season when the Cards never gave him a real opportunity

I thought Collins looked useful, but he’s not what a first round draft pick should be.

Connor looked solid when given a well designed play (which admittedly wasn’t every carry).

The offensive line was reasonably effective, Pugh especially played well

Watt played hard but got little support in terms of other pass rushers. On the whole the defense played well in the red zone and they controlled Kupp.

I wish the list was longer. Unfortunately I don’t think this points to the playoffs.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I'm not one to be positive, but I feel we will be alright. I say that based on the heart this team shows in spite of poor game management and play calling at times by our college coach. We got beat by two of the top teams in the league without a full team, which is expected. So let's scratch those 2 games which we weren't supposed to win anyway.

We showed the very worst and best of our team in the fortunate win vs the Raiders. Either way, it's a win, one maybe we wouldn't have expected. As the schedule lightens up a bit, I feel we will be competitive in most of our games. Winning half of them should be expected, and winning a couple unexpected might lead to a decent season.

Will we make the playoffs? Probably not, but will it matter that much. We don't have a team yet that we should expect to make any showing if we do barely make the playoffs. Excluding an upset, we just aren't up to the level of the obvious playoff caliber teams. We are the Cardinals, and will always be just the Cardinals. I suppose for most that is better than not having an NFL team representing our city and state. Sure we hope for better, but will settle, as usual, for what we have.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Connor looked solid when given a well designed play (which admittedly wasn’t every carry).

Wait... were you not impressed with Kliff's play design when he had Kyler do a figure 8, some cartwheels, and then motion out to WR, followed by a direct snap to Connor? LOL! That was probably the most ridiculous play I've seen in awhile. Someone needs to take Kliff's Crayons away!

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Five dropped passes made the offense look worse than usual. And Kyler missing 3 of top 4 wide receivers is not a recipe for success.

If Cardinals can get healthy, some good moments are in store.

Love the way the defense plays hard, but the pass rush is not getting it done.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Five dropped passes made the offense look worse than usual. And Kyler missing 3 of top 4 wide receivers is not a recipe for success.

If Cardinals can get healthy, some good moments are in store.

Love the way the defense plays hard, but the pass rush is not getting it done.
But, but, but they are tops in beating their blocks in less than 2.5 seconds, how can it be the pass rush is failing. ;)

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
While I thought Murray’s overall play was poor, he did target more different receivers than usual. I know there were injury substitutions. The issue I have with him is his constant habit of missing wide open trgets

The place kicking looked solid. No Pressure kicks yet, not even close.

Dortch is the quality player I predicted last season when the Cards never gave him a real opportunity. AGREED 1000%

I thought Collins looked useful, but he’s not what a first round draft pick should be. If he can develop AT LEAST into a Ron McKinnon type i'd be happy.

Connor looked solid when given a well designed play (which admittedly wasn’t every carry). The drops hurt, bad.

The offensive line was reasonably effective, Pugh especially played well. Do not forget Wil Hernandez

Watt played hard but got little support in terms of other pass rushers. On the whole the defense played well in the red zone and they controlled Kupp. I thought Marco Wilson had a good physical game

I wish the list was longer. Unfortunately I don’t think this points to the playoffs. PLAYOFFS?!?

People forget how hard it is to block for an average mobile qb let alone an elite scrambler like K1. I'd have to say the line is holding its own well.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Jake Plummer was a great come from behind QB
Maybe? He was 22 games below .500 as a quarterback for the Cards (!!!!!!!). I guess half his wins here included a fourth-quarter comeback and two-thirds of them included a game-winning drive.

Jake sucked.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
My thoughts (and I haven’t been able to watch a single game start to finish yet): if my “live” feed isn’t bad (internet sucks here), the NFL tells me my game pass isn’t valid in the country I’m at (somewhere Africa):

Hollywood B has been as solid as Kirk (I can only see stats and highlights). Not a great pickup, but certainly not bad.

Kyler acts like a B quite often

I feel like both sides of the ball are just missing

Kyler is a different story- I get he is immature, lacks accountability, points fingers, and hasn’t actually won anything…

I also know he has tremendous wheels, a great arm, and a clothing line

Kyler plays iFootball in my assessment.

Kid needs to grow up

..”you can’t fall asleep when you play with me (did anyone else hear the uncle Rico breathing sound?).

If this was 5th grade and the playground lady said “no tackle,” Kyler would be the GOAT.

*mic drop*

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose