A deeper look into how good the o line has been....

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is really misleading.

The bottom line is Kyler's mobility and rushing ability makes them look WAY better than they actually are.

We have not played good teams yet either except for SF, and that has to be taken into consideration as well.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The bottom line is Kyler's mobility and rushing ability makes them look WAY better than they actually are.

We have not played good teams yet either except for SF, and that has to be taken into consideration as well.

lol

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score

Carolina and Washington both looked like good pass rush teams to me.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

lol guess you’re going to be saying this the whole year because SF(with Bosa) & WAS were the pretty much the best DLines we were gonna face all year

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Idk every time I’m watching it looks like Kyler gots plenty of time. He’s not running cause he has to his best runs are designed

we have actually played really good defensive fronts and shut them down

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

this response is a really misleading too.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Y’all can hype or gripe all you want but the simple fact is......
This line is better than the lines we rode to the super bowl and the nfc championship game.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They have been above average but they ain't top 5. The Steelers would destroy us.

I'd put them more around 15 once you factor in some weak opponents and help from scheme and Kyler's legs.

15 is still awesome for us.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They have been above average but they ain't top 5. The Steelers would destroy us.

I'd put them more around 15 once you factor in some weak opponents and help from scheme and Kyler's legs.

15 is still awesome for us.
I would agree 100% with this take. I think Kugler has done a great job, as another post has already said. You do whatever is necessary to keep him here as long as possible. Murray’s legs, no doubt, help this OL out tremendously too. But, compared to what we’re accustomed to, this OL is a huge improvement. Even with Kugler & Murray, it’s a middle of the pack OL.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
They’re fine against the pass. The run ranking is distorted. First by Murray who only benefits some from line blocking. Also if you take his yards and Drake’s long run against stacked line in the last game, the run game is not impressive.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
They’re fine against the pass. The run ranking is distorted. First by Murray who only benefits some from line blocking. Also if you take his yards and Drake’s long run against stacked line in the last game, the run game is not impressive.
But if you take away murray and drake's long runs that distorts the stats as well. They are what they are because it all counts. IMO

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Y’all can hype or gripe all you want but the simple fact is......
This line is better than the lines we rode to the super bowl and the nfc championship game.

disagree on the NFC Title Game 2015 team. That team opened up holes big enough for Chris Johnson’s old ass to
blow through, then Ellington, then DJ started mashing people when he got his shot. They also gave the biggest pockets to Palmer I’ve ever seen as a Cardinals fan. That team’s passing gam needed to give Palmer time for guys to get downfield And the o-line overwhelmingly gave that to him. I think people forget how dominating that offense was. Prime Larry, John Brown streaking, the other WR before he went fully alky, Nelson as a fourth burner and a big stable of RBs. We just ran into a buzz saw D against Carolina and Palmer played the worst game of his career.

that said, this O-line has played pretty well.