A Christmas Story (Sequel)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really liked the original. It's hard to see a sequel coming remotely close. The time frames look to be too far apart.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This has been talked about for years.

Peter Billingsley is a pretty big time producer in Hollywood and has been for years. Friends with Jon Favreau and RDJ.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you guys think this is bad news, I suggest you refrain from watching the Fletch reboot trailer with Jon Hamm (who I originally thought wasn’t the worst idea).

It was… what’s the right word to describe it?

Whoa.

Yeah. Whoa. And very much NOT good whoa.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was already a sequel. It was called My Summer Story. Came out in the 90s.
Damn never knew that. Made a whopping 70K at the box office lol

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I don't reflexively hate the idea - I just think the timeline is tough

With A Christmas Story, Richie would have been born around 1930 - so putting this with his kids in the 70s makes sense

I just think we are mostly past heavy 70s nostalgia

Now it's us kids on the 80s & 90s who are doing this very thing - taking our kids home to experience a Christmas and Christmas season close to what we grew up with, see family and friends, etc

That bit is very relatable and I think there is a story to be told there - I think the could be a story within there about wanting to see and experience snow and having the weather just not cooperate and then build to a big storm, etc

I just don't think the nostalgia bombs are going to hit as hard in a 70s setting

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same cast, if done well, could be enjoyable but I wont expect much at all and probably would only watch if it is the only thing on TV on christmas.