98.7 sports radio | Bidwill Press Conference

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im guessing a negotiated settlement -- not $0, but not the entire contract
If reports are true, then he still owed Kliff around $30 mil. 20M is a lot left over for Keim. I think he paid him in full.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Work Fast" when hearing that from Bidwill means he's already zeroed in on the coach he wants & feels confident. I truly believe he knows it will be Payton & that's the reason for the smiles during the press conference.
He wants one of Harbaugh/Payton and has to work fast before another team snags them.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
So same age as Payton? Both around the team as young kids. Old pals maybe?
Payton was a ball boy for the St Louis Cardinals. He mentioned the story on Cowherd show back in November. He has an affinity for the Cardinals and Kyler Murray.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Nic job with the PC. I was expecting to hear injury excuses and the hyping of in-house candidates. Gotta be honest, I was pretty skeptical he’d run it back for one more year but it was ugly enough to blow up (another benefit of tanking).

Also, Michael ditching the goatee for good was a wise decision. He looks good and healthy.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man... all that hard work...leading to a record of 5 & 19 over his final 24 games... Maybe he shouldn't have "worked" so hard...
I really don't doubt he did work extreemly hard.

But you know what they say - work smarter not harder, and I don't think he had the necessary knowledge to work smarter.

I do think he is a nice guy, but I don't feel to sorry for him as he ended up getting paid quite well for his stint here.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Payton was a ball boy for the St Louis Cardinals. He mentioned the story on Cowherd show back in November. He has an affinity for the Cardinals and Kyler Murray.
I have heard him say more negative things in the media about Kyler than positive.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Should we be looking at a head coach who is going on 60 or more? Really? With all these younger bright minds around with plenty of experience. I think 40ish is a good age to get the motivated player relating coach who can expect the necessary respect to keep the players on script and highly energized.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Should we be looking at a head coach who is going on 60 or more? Really? With all these younger bright minds around with plenty of experience. I think 40ish is a good age to get the motivated player relating coach who can expect the necessary respect to keep the players on script and highly energized.
Imagine having that perspective when BA was hired...lol

How about we just leave age out of it and let the best person get the job?

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
"Work Fast" when hearing that from Bidwill means he's already zeroed in on the coach he wants & feels confident. I truly believe he knows it will be Payton & that's the reason for the smiles during the press conference.
I had exactly the same reaction you did. He lit up visually when Bo asked him about Payton. It was pretty obvious.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose