8/8

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If we go 8/8 how many of can really be disatisfied? New coach and staff, lots of injured players. I thought going in that we were an 8/8 team even without the injuries. I am not going to go crazy because I finished "where I though we would" as Denny would say. Our new coaches had little to do with putting this team together. I will walk away from the season feeling good and with some hope.

Yes we all have our favorite kicking boy to blame for what ever mistakes we perceive but we are what we are. Lets stay healthy next year, have a good draft, hope Leinhart has matured, keep Kurt just in case, and pick up two good starters in FA.

We are an average NFL team which beat what we have been for decades. Our coach now has a year of experience and knows what the players we have can do and cannot do.

I have been watching this team since Chicago and for the first time in a long time I have some real hope and good vibrations. Perhaps I continue to be a sucker? I hope not.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regardless the record, the team let many victories slip away and did not make the playoffs.

Doing that makes the season (and 19 of the past 20) a supreme failure.

Cardinals fans need to expect more than a .500 record.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regardless the record, the team let many victories slip away and did not make the playoffs.

I disagree. I am MORE than happy with an 8-8 record. For every game we let slip away, we beat a team that we shouldn't have. (Pittsburgh, Seattle, Cincinati)

For a 1st year coach, I don't know how any of us could expect more than a 8-8 record this year.

Next year, I expect 10 wins and an NFC championship.

OP
OP
john h

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

If you live in a fantasy world you can expect us to go 10-6 but in the real world we are hopefully an 8/8 team. We got to keep our feet grounded on earth as to what we can an cannot do. If you are N.E. or the Colts you can expect to win the superbowl for sound reasons. We really have no reasons to expect much more than 8/8. Expectations do not win games. Reality does.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Take me a step forward continuously and I'm pleased.
Stand still and I'll think the team is really a tourist.
Go backward and I'll threaten to leave them behind, but we all know that's a lie.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you live in a fantasy world you can expect us to go 10-6 but in the real world we are hopefully an 8/8 team. We got to keep our feet grounded on earth as to what we can an cannot do. If you are N.E. or the Colts you can expect to win the superbowl for sound reasons. We really have no reasons to expect much more than 8/8. Expectations do not win games. Reality does.

It isnt that I expect 10-6, it's that I'm not having a party if we finish 8-8.

Crappy teams go 8-8 or worse. Looking at the games we lost, this season sucked and the 2007 squad shouldnt be remembered for anything more.

I am really just beaten down over the season.

Maybe they will resign Dansby. Maybe they will keep Pace. Maybe they'll improve the secondary. Maybe Leinart will be healthy and able to run the offense. Maybe they'll have a good draft. Maybe we'll do better than 7-9 next season.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sorry but 8-8 is unacceptable when you lose to San Fran twice, lose to a HORRIBLE Carolina team and choke horribly when the playoffs are in sight against Seattle and New Orleans.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree. I am MORE than happy with an 8-8 record. For every game we let slip away, we beat a team that we shouldn't have. (Pittsburgh, Seattle, Cincinati)

For a 1st year coach, I don't know how any of us could expect more than a 8-8 record this year.

:yeahthat:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Entering the season, I didn't even expect 8 & 8! However, losing twice to the 9ers, not even showing up against the Bucs, coming up completely flat in a HUGE game against the Saints... that all changed my feeling about this season. If we go 8 & 8, it doesn matter to me. We had the very real chance to do better and to perhaps be playing in January. We blew it. That's how I feel about this season. Moreso than any season in recent memory, we had chances to do something and we blew it...

seesred

Reaction score
Whiz will build on this season. He had a large learning curve and dispite our personal loses we have a chance to finish 8-8. Many on this board predicted 5-7 wins. We kool aiders hoped for 10-6. Many others felt 9-7. I feel not having Adrian, Bertram and Okeafer was way to much for a team that is still looking for depth. I am very happy I have something to look ahead too. An (hopefully) 8-8 team looking for 2-3 more wins.

GBR

Brighteyes

Super Bowl!
Reaction score
If we go 8/8 how many of can really be disatisfied? New coach and staff, lots of injured players. I thought going in that we were an 8/8 team even without the injuries. I am not going to go crazy because I finished "where I though we would" as Denny would say. Our new coaches had little to do with putting this team together. I will walk away from the season feeling good and with some hope.

Yes we all have our favorite kicking boy to blame for what ever mistakes we perceive but we are what we are. Lets stay healthy next year, have a good draft, hope Leinhart has matured, keep Kurt just in case, and pick up two good starters in FA.

We are an average NFL team which beat what we have been for decades. Our coach now has a year of experience and knows what the players we have can do and cannot do.

I have been watching this team since Chicago and for the first time in a long time I have some real hope and good vibrations. Perhaps I continue to be a sucker? I hope not.

Let's see - we lost our starting Quarterback, and the current one has been wearing a brace the size of a football and playing through pain most of the season. Both our top 2 receivers have been hurt, and our two pro bowl defensive guys are on IR. Dansby was hurt part of the season, Green's on IR, etc, etc.

We beat teams like the Steelers and the Seahawks, were in the playoff hunt in December, were in most games til the last drive, and now have a chance to go 8 - 8.

Sure, I'd have preferred the Super Bowl. But damn -- all things considered, I'm very happy.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arent we getting ahead of oursleves? We arent 8-8 yet.

Faithful

Registered
Reaction score

:thumbup:

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
We haven't won this many games since 1997, so I can't see how we can EXPECT more.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As a measuring stick for where we hoped to be looking forward from the beginning of the season, 8 & 8 is pretty good.

But, as a measuring stick for what could have been - looking backward - it's a disappointment.

For weeks, I've been trying to get a "we are who we are" Bill Parcells handle on the Cardinals. It's pretty much evolved to be:

"A .500 football team who - for every touchdown pass there will be an interception, sack or fumble. For every big defensive play there will be a corresponding bad defensive play. For every good game, there will be a corresponding bad play. For every good-luck moment, there will be a bad-luck moment."

That'll get you to .500 every time.

How to get above .500 in the future? It's simple: We're capable of making the same number of good plays, just cut down on the dumb ones.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
IF we get to 8-8, it will be a step forward. But I won't be satisfied.

This team could of won 10 games.

Redleg

Reaction score
A .500 season is about what I expected this year. I saw a lot of things from the team this year that were both better and worse than anticipated. If two of the losses were against teams not from San Francisco the record would be easier to take. I am looking forward to next season and hoping to see 10 wins.

It could happen.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
8-8 is ok but next year we better make the playoffs because every offseason were talking about rebuilding and i'm becoming sick of it. Just put a winning product out their on the field for more then one year in a row and then ill be happy :)

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Entering the season, I didn't even expect 8 & 8! However, losing twice to the 9ers, not even showing up against the Bucs, coming up completely flat in a HUGE game against the Saints... that all changed my feeling about this season. If we go 8 & 8, it doesn matter to me. We had the very real chance to do better and to perhaps be playing in January. We blew it. That's how I feel about this season. Moreso than any season in recent memory, we had chances to do something and we blew it...

I agree to this to a point. I agree that the cardinals blew it. The had made huge strides in winning games that they weren't suppose to win. On the bad note lost games that they should have won. Leading the league in penalities is the main reason why the Cardinals lost games. 8-8 means that the Cardinals are turning the corner to be a winner. It will also get players to start believeing that they can win. I look foward a great offseason. DE, OL, and RB should be the Cardinals main priority this offseason.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
8-8 is ok but next year we better make the playoffs because every offseason were talking about rebuilding and i'm becoming sick of it. Just put a winning product out their on the field for more then one year in a row and then ill be happy :)

I agree with this, start winning consistantly and the team will be respected. No more excuses from the team or its fans. Add the players that are needed in the areas that need fixing. Draft best player available not to fill a need created by bad decisions. If we go 8-8 we had better build on it for next year and not step back by losing Dansby or settling for middling talent for our secondary. We did that after 1998 and never recovered. There is no more excuses for finishing out of the playoffs next season. With soldout season tickets and new revenue streams this team should embark on a playoff run and hopefully a championship. I have very little faith in the ownership or the front office that they will get the depth needed to make this happen but I want to be proven wrong. Make it happen Cardinals!!!

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Let's see - we lost our starting Quarterback, and the current one has been wearing a brace the size of a football and playing through pain most of the season. Both our top 2 receivers have been hurt, and our two pro bowl defensive guys are on IR. Dansby was hurt part of the season, Green's on IR, etc, etc.

We beat teams like the Steelers and the Seahawks, were in the playoff hunt in December, were in most games til the last drive, and now have a chance to go 8 - 8.

Sure, I'd have preferred the Super Bowl. But damn -- all things considered, I'm very happy.

Very happy? Not me.

If we had beat san fran twice and Baltimore (games we should have won), then I'd be very happy.

As things stand, I'm pretty much indifferent to the entire season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson