76ers @ Suns Sunday game thread 3-27-2022

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You want the team essentially shut completely down from playing games… for 3 and a half weeks with the break also between regular season and playoffs? I’m thankful the Suns don’t think like you do because that’s unheard of and really out there.
If someone gets hurt in the last 5 games you will realize I was right.

why in the hell do you want to risk this teams best chance at a title ever for totally meaningless games. It just makes no sense.

cp3 just sat out a month and a half and dropped 17 and 13. These guys are pros and don’t forget how to play with 2 weeks off.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

why in the hell do you want to risk this teams best chance at a title ever for totally meaningless games. It just makes no sense.

cp3 just sat out a month and a half and dropped 17 and 13. These guys are pros and don’t forget how to play with 2 weeks off.
You really haven't seen players get out of sync just from being off an extra day or two? It happens all the time.

I'd be okay with giving all the key players a day or two off but players get injured in practices or while working out too so unless you're bubble wrapping them, there's always a risk.

I'm in favor of reducing their minutes a little bit but considering how stat happy everyone is, and how those numbers relate to contract dollars and sponsorships, they have to be careful with it.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Paul has had his rest and he knows how to pace himself. I'm more worried about Booker playing too hard in pursuit of his cred as one of the elite players in the league. I'm not sure what Monty should do, but i think you either play Booker or sit Booker for whole games. If he's on the court he's going for it.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

He dropped 17-13, but the offense was legit better with him off the floor in that game. Now imagine sitting an entire starting lineup for a month and think about what that would do to the on floor chemistry. If Monty wants to limit minutes and give them a couple games off than I am all for it, but you can't just sit all of your important players for an extended amount of time......

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
He dropped 17-13, but the offense was legit better with him off the floor in that game. Now imagine sitting an entire starting lineup for a month and think about what that would do to the on floor chemistry. If Monty wants to limit minutes and give them a couple games off than I am all for it, but you can't just sit all of your important players for an extended amount of time......
What exactly was the expectation in his first game back in 15 games? I get there is an injury risk in every game between now and mid-April, but that's no different through the rest of the season. We have to trust that a) Monty is preparing them correctly, and b) the players know the risks and can deal with them.

We are a well-oiled machine, but no team is perfect. EVERY team is going through this right now.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
What exactly was the expectation in his first game back in 15 games? I get there is an injury risk in every game between now and mid-April, but that's no different through the rest of the season. We have to trust that a) Monty is preparing them correctly, and b) the players know the risks and can deal with them.

We are a well-oiled machine, but no team is perfect. EVERY team is going through this right now.
Not sure if you're disagreeing with my point or not, but my post wasn't about any sort of expectation. The point is that because he's been out for a while there was little bit of a lack of continuity with him on the floor. I wouldn't want to shut all the top players down for an extended period and disrupt the continuity of all of them.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Not sure if you're disagreeing with my point or not, but my post wasn't about any sort of expectation. The point is that because he's been out for a while there was little bit of a lack of continuity with him on the floor. I wouldn't want to shut all the top players down for an extended period and disrupt the continuity of all of them.
Originally, I was having trouble figuring out your stance as well. Your first sentence made it sound like you were about to argue that having CP3 play was a mistake, but the rest of your post wasn't about that.

My stance is that I will hope for no injuries, but won't be surprised if we do the regular rotation, with maybe a slight lowering of some minutes, throughout the rest of the season until the last 2 games or so when the bench will get most of the run. I think the team wants to win out. And all but 2 of the teams we are facing over the next few weeks have something to play for.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I don't think you ever want to rest an NBA player for more than 4 days personally. Shooting rust is real and I want no part of it. Don't play anyone 40 minutes.... sure. But to not play at all? Nah. That's not my cup of tea.

We will be able to rest quite a bit during the play in week and then during each round of the playoffs. Injury risk always exists and I think it goes up if you rest people. Especially soft tissue stuff. Our guys for the most part know how to be smart about this stuff.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Got to run that out of shape Embiid off the floor. He’s the king of the fast start and by the 4th his hands are on his knees and he’s sucking wind

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely against giving players more than a game or two off and that should be staggered.

I like playing the bench players whenever possible as a way of giving starters extra rest.

Like last season, the Suns might want to rest Paul and Booker for the season finale against the Kings or any other player that needs a day off.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
unreasonably nervous for this game. Potential finals matchup. Ayton normally plays like dog **** against Embiid. Not sure how hard we’re gonna try with everything locked up

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty has said something to the effect, load management is a trucking company in Texas.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 76ers are alone in the top spot in the East. I imagine it's a position they want to keep.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We should ONLY play the bench against the 76ers, so we don't give away any secrets. jk

I think our bench could win. Would be a demoralizing loss for the Philly boys.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would be all for pulling a Pop against these guys, personally I would like to see about 5 min of hard go at them with tenacity, then give the starters the rest of the game off. but now with McGee out that makes it tough for our center position to compete at all against Embid. so that won't happen. but I do think our starter min need to be cut down to around 20 min. and use our last 2 games as tune ups if needed

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We should ONLY play the bench against the 76ers, so we don't give away any secrets. jk

I think our bench could win. Would be a demoralizing loss for the Philly boys.

Do a Spurs type reverse psychology on them.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There’s a reason no team in NBA history has ever done what you’re talking about.