7 Round Mock Draft by darnik44

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we ran a traditional 3-4 D then I might agree, but we run a hybird of sorts using the 3-4 D. Our front 3 besides our NT are asked to penetrate and get up field. They are asked to attack, all you have to do is look at the players and the style that they play that are currently at our DE spots right now, Dockett and Smith, both are attacking style DL. Sims isnt an attacking style of DL, to slow and combersome IMO. Campbell would be a great fit for this style of D at 290 lbs IMO. At 290 Campbell would do just fine in our attacking style of 3-4 defense.

I also like Kendall Langford. Dre Moore could be a good fit.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I also like Kendall Langford. Dre Moore could be a good fit.

I think they are a better fit as well. They have pretty solid first steps which makes for better attacking style DL.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't have Durrant Brooks selected?!?!

The Cardinals will select him in by the 6th round NO DOUBT

There is NO WAY he goes undrafted.

p.s. nice mock draft overall

I think that is more wishful thinking for us. He could have been one of those UDFA players that the Cards have been discussing....

OP
OP
D

darnik44

Reaction score
You don't have Durrant Brooks selected?!?!

The Cardinals will select him in by the 6th round NO DOUBT

There is NO WAY he goes undrafted.

p.s. nice mock draft overall

I didn't even try to work in any punters or kickers even though there will be atleast a couple of each drafted. If I thought I could get this even close to accurate I would have. Basically this is to be viewed as a guide as to how the players will come off the board. I know this is a fairly decent attempt at that. I track each draft 13 months a year (I'm already working on the '09 draft, just a hobby I've had for years), so I have a pretty good ideal of how the class will stack up.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Nice job darnik44.....7 round mocks are a tough thing to do, so I don't want to be too critical, but 3 glaring problems I saw were:

(185) Arizona Cardinals - Jason Jones, DE/OLB, Eastern Michigan
(217) St. Louis Rams (From Bengals) - Antwaun Molden, CB, Eastern Kentucky
(251) Buffalo Bills (Compensatory selection) - Chad Reinhart, OG, Northern Iowa

Not to say I told you so, but:

Jason Jones 2nd Round
Antwaun Molden 3rd Round
Chad Reinhart 3rd round