#6 Oregon @ ASU Saturday

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Justin Herbert has NFL bust written all over him. Inn one night he lost a chance at the playoff and the Heisman...he was a Heisman long shot to be fair.

ASU defense almost blew that one and I think that Devils tried too hard to play the clock game.

Beat UA and you are 7-5 going to a bowl game and they did it playing a bunch of freshmen. While my belief in Herm is a bit shaken this season can still end on a high note.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I thought Jack Jones had a nice bounce back game. He had a pivotal pick in the fourth quarter, and could have had another in the previous drive. Way to coach them up Herm and crew.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought Jack Jones had a nice bounce back game. He had a pivotal pick in the fourth quarter, and could have had another in the previous drive. Way to coach them up Herm and crew.

He had a hideous penalty from the sidelines that killed a drive too.

Reaction score
Absolute Zero said,

Do you believe in miracles?

Keys to victory:

1. Oregon gets lost on the way to the stadium; Nope.

2. Several Ducks get suspended prior to the game. Nope.

3. The referees forget that the Oregon Ducks are the "darlings" of the PAC12; Nope, but ASU was making it easy for the officiating crew.

4. Oregon hits all the bars in Tempe the night before the game; IDK, maybe! :lol:

5. We catch some breaks. I think the Devils created their own breaks.

6. Likens throws out the old playbook. Players made the plays!

7. Oregon comes in overconfident and unprepared. Yes, I think so!

8. Our defense has their best game of the season, starting in the first quarter. Made some key stops when they had to! The goal line stop in the 1st quarter lit a fire under the Devils!

9. The Oline manages to protect Jayden Daniels and keeps him in the game for all 4 quarters. Not bad overall!

Am I missing something?

This game was everything great about why I love college football!

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Absolute Zero said,

Do you believe in miracles?

Keys to victory:

1. Oregon gets lost on the way to the stadium; Nope.

2. Several Ducks get suspended prior to the game. Nope.

3. The referees forget that the Oregon Ducks are the "darlings" of the PAC12; Nope, but ASU was making it easy for the officiating crew.

4. Oregon hits all the bars in Tempe the night before the game; IDK, maybe! :lol:

5. We catch some breaks. I think the Devils created their own breaks.

6. Likens throws out the old playbook. Players made the plays!

7. Oregon comes in overconfident and unprepared. Yes, I think so!

8. Our defense has their best game of the season, starting in the first quarter. Made some key stops when they had to! The goal line stop in the 1st quarter lit a fire under the Devils!

9. The Oline manages to protect Jayden Daniels and keeps him in the game for all 4 quarters. Not bad overall!

Am I missing something?

This game was everything great about why I love college football!

:clapping:

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oregon is still stewing over Jayden's 81 bomb on 3rd and 16..., talking about how rare it was, etc.
https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/20...on-ducks-intend-to-address-pass-coverage.html

There have only been three other passes of 80-plus yards on third-and-10-plus allowed in the FBS this season but two were in non-competitive situations and the other was early in the first quarter of a scoreless game and made no difference to the outcome.

Only a handful of such plays happen in any given season. Virginia Tech allowed an 80-yard pass to North Carolina on third-and-15 last season but went on to force a fumble at the 1-yard line and then drove 98 yards to win the game. Alabama even allowed an 80-yard passing score on third-and-11 in the 2018 CFP National Championship against Georgia, but it was during the third quarter of a game the Crimson Tide went on to win in overtime.

When taking score and impact into account, it’s hard to find the last instance of such a meaningful and long touchdown pass allowed during the fourth quarter of a one-score game.