53 man roster

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hicks always seems to play hard and gives good effort. The problem is his lack of speed. JMO.

His lack of speed allowed several first downs last year, and he is not enough physical to be a thumper too.. I undestand the effort, but he has been a key part of not getting to the playoff

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
We did Jordan Hicks dirty.

It's a business.

It's fairly obvious the Cardinals were targeting Collins, but if they didn't get him? Hicks would likely still be the starter.

I'm more of a pro-labor guy in most instances, but Hicks was probably the Cardinals worst regular starter last year and one of the worst starters in the NFL overall. You don't really owe much to a guy who is among the worst at their position.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Krang, I understand your take, but there must have been something to have earned him a nice contract. Unfortunately, I know my post will probably pave the way for a lot of SK haters to chime in. And if they do, hopefully they'll include their opinions which they expressed when we first signed Hicks.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
What happened?
They gave him plenty of time to find a new home, there is a reason no one seems to be interested
I don't know if he ignored his tape and demand a better treatment
Nobody likes to overpay underperforming players, not a Cardinals fault
You generally don't have a veteran player like Hicks take a pay cut for the betterment of the team, draft his replacement, and then bench him immediately in the span of 3 months.

That would be like JJ Watt declaring that he is holding out for a new contract after he just signed one in March because he feels like he is now the leader on the defense since Chandler Jones is holding out.

It is just bad business.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It's a business.

It's fairly obvious the Cardinals were targeting Collins, but if they didn't get him? Hicks would likely still be the starter.

I'm more of a pro-labor guy in most instances, but Hicks was probably the Cardinals worst regular starter last year and one of the worst starters in the NFL overall. You don't really owe much to a guy who is among the worst at their position.
There is no issue if Keim didn't have him take a pay cut to help the team in March. That is the dirty part.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's a business.

I think the issue was naming Collins a day 1 starter before we even put the pick in. I think Hicks would’ve been fine otherwise and willing to compete for time.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But I didn't see any team willing to offer something for him, moreover he has been a healthy inactive in the second part of the season
He doesnt play special teams, doesn't have great hands, height, lenght, is not a good route runner, beside speed what do u see?
Being a former second round pick doesn't mean he can maintain some value especially after 2 mediocre seasons
I don't have any hate towards him, just disappointed
You wouldn’t see if a team was willing to offer anything for him because you don’t work in the Cardinals’ FO. I’m not saying Isabella is great or even good but he’s easily has more trade value than Thompson.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
There is no issue if Keim didn't have him take a pay cut to help the team in March. That is the dirty part.

Right. In March. Before Collins was drafted.

Yeah it sucks and I think there are many times the Cardinals have been wrong, but these things happen all of the time.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right. In March. Before Collins was drafted.

Yeah it sucks and I think there are many times the Cardinals have been wrong, but these things happen all of the time.

I don't get why people (fans) must to feel sorry for players, especially players who racked up 40 mil in their career
Billions in the world are working their ass off and they can't even save some money
Hicks was good, now is not, so the organization does what is the best for them
If Hicks is out probably a young player is in
Hicks got a great contract from the Cardinals, he played bad, surely didn't match the expectations 'the franchise doesn't owe him anything

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose