5 Things Needed to Win 11 Games

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Based off if he ever wants to become a better QB. No QB is going to have lasting or much success if he can't pick out open receivers in the middle of the field. If the problem is purely physical, he's doomed; he can't grow taller. If, as I suspect, the problem is development, we have every reason to believe he can and will improve. He'd better, anyway, or we're in trouble.
Stout, man, Brit can answer for himself. He’s a big boy. You don’t have to answer for literally every single post that isn’t directed towards you.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Stout, man, Brit can answer for himself. He’s a big boy. You don’t have to answer for literally every single post that isn’t directed towards you.

*Gasp* Oh no, I've offended you by posting an opinion on a message board. Oh noes! How can I ever atone for this mortal sin?

Sorry not sorry to share a good take on a weakness for our young QB to improve upon. A weakness I have no doubt Kyler has been working diligently to correct, and that the work will carry over into the season. Once I read the edict against posting opinions on a message board, from the mods, I will refrain from committing such an atrocious sin ever again.

BTW, what made you think I was taking Brit's part here?

Reaction score
Cardinals should make a serious attempt to get Drew Brees to work with K1; to whatever extent Brees would be willing. Brees had a HOF career because he knew how to utilize passing lanes; he was brilliant at it!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Well, if he moves left or right he may not see the open guy underneath that I see given that he's 5'10" and the bodies between him and the potential target are often well over 6'0", and he has a second or two or three to pull the trigger.

When the terms “elite “ and “transcendent “ are used to describe your ability coming into the league you find a way around a little obstacle like height and find a way to make the plays other guys drafted in the first round make.
We all know what excuses are. Kyler has to find a way to make those plays if he is ever going to become the player he is supposed to become
Russ Wilson makes those plays
Drew Brees made those plays
They both overcame height issues and made the plays their team needed to win.
Kyler has to do the same or he was a wasted #1 overall pick

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Based off of what?

Based off being a career QB and #1 pick that gets paid millions.

You, me and everyone else here can see blatantly open guys at best. Kyler should be seeing guys open before they are actually open.

It's the same difference as us looking at a pile of ingredients and coming up with a ham sandwich and a Michelin stared chef creating a 9 course tasting menu.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I rewatched most of the games and Fitz was open many times but Murray never looked/found him. He is still learning.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Due to time differences Stout is my US representative when I'm asleep. Unless I'm arguing, I mean, having a discussion with Stout.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Based off being a career QB and #1 pick that gets paid millions.

You, me and everyone else here can see blatantly open guys at best. Kyler should be seeing guys open before they are actually open.

It's the same difference as us looking at a pile of ingredients and coming up with a ham sandwich and a Michelin stared chef creating a 9 course tasting menu.
As pointed out much different with an over head view versus field level view. This is why Kurt Warner pointed out why reading a defense post snap is just as if not more important than your presnap read.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
a dominant OL
I agree with the premise of this.

Our offensive line needs to elevate to a top 10 unit. If it does, Kliff's playcalling looks better, Kyler's pocket presence looks better, drives get extended, and will improve our situational success.

Our defense being able to pressure opposing QBs without having to blitz will also be a key factor. Helps our secondary and gets the ball back to our offense.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
not totally on topic, but fyi:

Defensive scheme analysis for all 32 NFL teams | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

this bolsters my total speculation that the team will play much more zone defense in coverage this year. From the linked:

"Once upon a time, Vance Joseph was a zone-coverage fiend who liked to show many different zone coverages with a dash of man coverage mixed in. His results were commendable, too, as his Miami defense finished 18th in defensive efficiency in 2016, and his unit in Denver finished sixth in defensive efficiency over his two years there."

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree with the premise of this.

Our offensive line needs to elevate to a top 10 unit. If it does, Kliff's playcalling looks better, Kyler's pocket presence looks better, drives get extended, and will improve our situational success.

Our defense being able to pressure opposing QBs without having to blitz will also be a key factor. Helps our secondary and gets the ball back to our offense.

running game improves as well