49 best FA PFF

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I think the fact that Cole was being rotated in while other linemen were still healthy dispels this notion.

Shipley still has value as the old smart guy and glue guy on the line. I'd give him a passing grade for his play last year, but the Cardinals need to move on from him soon. Cole is younger and is a much better athlete.
He played a marginal amount of time around guys who weren't 100% healthy. I'm not taking much from it, especially given that Pugh was our swing RT and Cole needed at least a few reps to play in those spots.

I would bet money that Cole is not a starter on this team this year for any reason besides health.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Has there been any formal discussion during the season in regard to how the coaches think about Cole (G or C)?

Dude started at C as a rookie and has been the #1 G off the bench in year 2. Seems like in year 3, that should be an expectation for a 3rd round pick (starting at C).

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He played a marginal amount of time around guys who weren't 100% healthy. I'm not taking much from it, especially given that Pugh was our swing RT and Cole needed at least a few reps to play in those spots.

I would bet money that Cole is not a starter on this team this year for any reason besides health.

Has there been any formal discussion during the season in regard to how the coaches think about Cole (G or C)?

Dude started a C as a rookie and has been the #1 G off the bench in year 2. Seems like in year 3, that should be an expectation for a 3rd round pick (starting at C).

There were some comments about why Shipley started and the general idea is that a rookie QB would be much better suited to having a veteran with lots of experience at center.

With that in mind, I would the Cardinals to resign Shipley and for the Cardinals to have a competition at center this offseason. I think that Cole playing even when all of the linemen were healthy was a positive.

I also expect Justin Murray to be back, and I wouldnt be shocked to see the Cardinals NOT address the OL in FA or high in the draft. For better or for worse, they may take the Seattle approach and draft guys later for Kugler to develop.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Dude started a C as a rookie and has been the #1 G off the bench in year 2. Seems like in year 3, that should be an expectation for a 3rd round pick (starting at C).
This is what infuriates me about Keim so much. The guy seems to give up on players immediately. One would think that a player that started 16 games would be given a chance to build a rapport with our young QB that should last us for years.

Instead, we'll probably start Shipley for the next two years, let Cole's rookie deal expire, and force Kyler to build trust and chemistry in a C again right when we should be contending for the playoffs or even a championship.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lewan is definitely better. My point is the PFF grade doesnt jive with reality.

How can Humphries be rated below average when the Cardinals were ELITE running to his side of the formation? How does David Johnson get over 220 yards and 3 TDs but get an 80 grade? PFFs grades are subjective and have inherent bias with them.

That's crap. Pick any player you know is great. Watt brothers. Mahomes. Donald. Kittle. Nelson etc and they will have a grade to match.

Pick any player you know sucks. You will find the same.

99% of the time PFF season grades are exactly where you would expect. Except when they don't fit with fans perceived reality.

What part of we ran over LT the lowest in the league is tough to understand? Just because we ran outside left successfully doesn't mean Hump had anything to do with it.

For one Kyler scrambles that way much more often when pressured. Running outside often includes TEs and WRs run blocking. Nothing about running outside lefr successfully means Hump did well.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That's crap. Pick any player you know is great. Watt brothers. Mahomes. Donald. Kittle. Nelson etc and they will have a grade to match.

Pick any player you know sucks. You will find the same.

99% of the time PFF season grades are exactly where you would expect. Except when they don't fit with fans perceived reality.

What part of we ran over LT the lowest in the league is tough to understand? Just because we ran outside left successfully doesn't mean Hump had anything to do with it.

For one Kyler scrambles that way much more often when pressured. Running outside often includes TEs and WRs run blocking. Nothing about running outside lefr successfully means Hump did well.

Right....so they rank players high who everyone knows should rank high. That's proof that PFF is awesome! You see the logic there? Pretty spotty.

I remember when they didnt rank Peterson as the top corner because he wasnt thrown at much. Yeah that's logical.