4 Diseases Making a Comeback Thanks to Anti-Vaxxers

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by jf-08, Mar 24, 2014.

1. jf-08

jf-08 Administrator; Rules Creator Staff Member

2. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

This is disgusting - the dumbing down of America strikes again

3. Southpaw

Southpaw Provocateur aka Wallyburger Contributor

Measles, mumps, chicken pox and whooping cough. Wow. Childhood illnesses. Are these really diseases? Not the end of the world. I am quite sure I had every one of those except for whooping cough and I am still around to aggravate you guys.

4. jf-08

jf-08 Administrator; Rules Creator Staff Member

Yeah, but they don't make them like they used to.

;)

5. ajcardfan

ajcardfan I see you. Contributor

Sure, no big deal. Until it's your kid or grandkid that died from them and it could've been prevented.

6. conraddobler

conraddobler I want my 2$

There is something about your statement that doesn't seem right. In thinking it through the great bulk of people dying would be those who didn't get vaccinated sort of rendering your angst there moot or ironic or something.

Now if your kid dies of a disease even AFTER being inoculated against it AND is somehow infected by those who weren't then possibly your point has merit but at that point you'd almost have to say..... well maybe they weren't that hardy and something was going to get them?

I mean when I was a kid I got all those things just like Southpaw we all did.

Most of us lived in fact I know of no one who did die not that those who did aren't grave losses but you know stuff happens.

I guess I myself would get my kids vaccinated and then if they died I'd be devastated like any father would be but at the end of the day you kind of have to have some faith in the universe that things do happen and life goes on?

Maybe this is crazy talk but isn't at some point the point of life to live it and not to fear everything?

7. desertdawg

desertdawg Banned

Just give them a flu shot, they will be fine.

8. coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan Fool In The Rain Contributor

It was for 200 million people over the last 150 years. That's just with measles.

9. BigRedRage

BigRedRage We are not getting rid of Rosen Contributor

sure, its the anti vaxxers fault if their non vaccinated kid gets measles. My kids have measles shots, im not worried about it.

10. LVG

LVG Who?! Contributor

Sample bias or cognitive illiberalism. You did fine, so therefore everyone else must do fine as well.

Mortality and disability rates aside, do we really want to see the widespread return of measles, mumps, rubella, polio, and other diseases that we've almost wiped out?

11. BigRedRage

BigRedRage We are not getting rid of Rosen Contributor

Dont you get upset when people use I worked hard to get where I am so everyone should be able to comparisons?

I am with you but boy oh boy have you given me **** in the past over using my life as an example when everyones life is different

:)

12. RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin Uh,huhuhuhuhuh

I guess.

I am not saying you are directly saying this, but I think it is pretty ignorant to question vaccines that have been in use for decades with a vast, vast, majority of its use being positive.

Personally, I think this is the height of the arrogant/ignorant/right by any means necessary generation stupidity.

Are any of these Anti-Vaxxers in any way, shape or form qualified to analyze how dangerous a vaccine is ?

I doubt it.

13. RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin Uh,huhuhuhuhuh

Yeah, like constantly worry about saving the world, and societal collapse ? :D :D

Sure, you should not fear everything, but some respect should be given to those things that humanity as a whole has studied for decades and found/proven to be beneficial to society.

Is, carpe deim, reason to be completely arrogant and ignorant to things that have been proven to be beneficial ?

Sorry, I take exception to professionals getting questioned by people who don't know better. (not directed toward you, just the general subject matter)

If one accredited biologist/chemist wants to debate the use of vaccines with another, then I am all ears.

I am going to be less inclined to listen to Free Waterfall, Jr. take on vaccines to be honest.

14. UncleChris

UncleChris Retirement Doesn't Suck Contributor

15. UncleChris

UncleChris Retirement Doesn't Suck Contributor

What?????? We shouldn't be listening to the expert advice from a Playboy model???? :sarcasm:

:D