38 years as a fan and....

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Right- what are the Suns at, 5 head coaches in 5 years? How dare we let them keep that Arizona record!
Ok let's rest assured KK is gone Next Year Could anyone actually see a real coach like Arians take this job with the total disfunction front office and the reputation it has even if Keim is fired like he will be after next year

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Ok let's rest assured KK is gone Next Year Could anyone actually see a real coach like Arians take this job with the total disfunction front office and the reputation it has even if Keim is fired like he will be after next year

If KK and keim get fired next year we should be relegated to the XFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
Thanks very much Poison. Glad we got our guy.

Good luck to Oklahoma State this year in all their games save one (or two if we see you guys again in the CCG). :)
No problem, we both have 1 game against each other which is chaotic and possibly 2. Pokes most likely have a redshirt freshman starting this year while you guys have the Alabama transfer. Should be bedlam as usual! :cheers:

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
Josh Rosen has to be laughing his arse off right now. Doesn’t have to play behind the worst line in football, may go to a contender and gets paid the same
I doubt he's laughing as it looks like other teams don't think much of him. He'll probably be Murrays backup looks like.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is why I don't like this pick. Because we traded up to draft a QB last year. We're the only team in history to draft 2 QB's in the top 10 in back to back years. Only this team would stoop to such stupidity. Now looking back at last year when, if we didn't go QB, we could have drafted Vander Esch, Calvin Ridley, Derwin James or any of a dozen other players who would contribute to this team right now but no, we trade up for a wasted pick at 10. Typical Cards.
Nope. Cowboys aikman and Walsh.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No, that was the supplemental draft in the same year, not two "real" drafts back to back...different era and story.
You do know the cowboys forfeited their first round pick in the next draft to make that supplemental pick, right? So it’s exactly the same thing. Even crazier bc it means they used first round picks on QBs within months of each other.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I doubt he's laughing as it looks like other teams don't think much of him. He'll probably be Murrays backup looks like.

From listening to the presser it sounded like the conversation between KK and Rosen was very tense. I bet he's pretty upset right now.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
You do know the cowboys forfeited their first round pick in the next draft to make that supplemental pick, right? So it’s exactly the same thing. Even crazier bc it means they used first round picks on QBs within months of each other.
Disagree. They took two qbs without knowing if either would be good, where in this situation they trade up for Rosen, have him for a year, repeatedly say he's the guy, then meh, ditch the whole thing to repeat the process again. Dallas also got a 1, 2 and 3rd rounder for Walsh...that won't happen in this wreck.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Yes, shipping Goldschmidt to St Louis for a handful of ham & eggers was a brilliant move.
Based on the production of those ham and eggers and their current record it has been a brilliant move.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. Cowboys aikman and Walsh.

Here are all the times it has ever happened (from another thread):

Only times it has ever happened (a team using top-10 picks in back-to-back years on QB's):

1989 - Cowboys drafted Troy Aikman in the regular NFL draft and then in the offseason supplemental draft they drafted Steve Walsh (28 teams in the league)

1982 - Colts drafted in actual consecutive years: Art Schlichter (suspended by the league for gambling after one season) and John Elway (who forced a trade to the Broncos)(27 teams in the league)

1962-1964 - Rams drafted Roman Gabriel, Terry Baker, and Bill Munson in three consecutive years (only 14 teams in the league)

1959-1962 - Redskins drafted Don Allard, Richie Lucas, and Norm Snead in three consecutive years (12-14 teams in the league)

1956-1957 - 49ers drafted Earl Morall and John Brodie in consecutive years (12 teams in league)[/QUOTE]

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Roll thru, get stoned and relax. It works for me

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Doesn't qualify. Walsh was a supplemental pick.
Jesus you guys are dense. They had to forfeit their first in the next year. This it equates to first rounders in back to back years. But keep arguing meaningless degrees of difference. I get it. You don’t like kyler so you’re just pissed about everything. Hope the sun comes up for y’all tomorrow.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson