3-4-1 headed for 3-5-1 - time to trade PP21?

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I just don't see how you can move him. We can't draft at all, our defense is atrocious without him...

Part of the concern is that Keim has to be the one to pull the trigger, and getting picks for Peterson doesn't help him keep his job. A trade may possibly be the most sensible option, but not when he's picking up ammunition for his replacement.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a feeling that Peterson is going to play like he did today against other good WRs.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just don't see how you can move him. We can't draft at all, our defense is atrocious without him...

Part of the concern is that Keim has to be the one to pull the trigger, and getting picks for Peterson doesn't help him keep his job. A trade may possibly be the most sensible option, but not when he's picking up ammunition for his replacement.
Agreed. I only like this if we had a proven drafter in the gm spot. We do not... So it makes the situation almost impossible imo.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Patriot Way says, yes, you trade him. He is coming off PEDs, he is one "mistake" from a longer suspension and his age likely means he will start the decline.

The Cardinal Way says, no, you can't trade a player of his caliber creating another hole for Meathead to fill.

Unless a trade offer is simply impossibly too good to be true, the Cardinals should trade nobody and reevaluate in the off-season.

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
only if two games of film / practice make you believe that he is done

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
“You don’t trade an elite CB”

he’s aging and doesn’t want to be here. It pains me but we need to move him.
And if he doesn’t want to be here you just ride it out & let him walk in 2 years for nada?

He’s spoke his mind twice now, let’s hope it doesn’t rear it’s ugly head again in the coming weeks with what looks like very tough times ahead.

I’m still not convinced he’s all in after his less than enthusiastic answers to reporters questions the day of his return

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He are my thoughts. If you trade for Chris Harris for a later round pick, extend him 3 years, and then trade Peterson for a 1st and a 3rd...it can work. But, if you just trade Peterson and then count on Byron Murphy, Robert Alford and a draft pick, you are in trouble.

We have to add NFL talent along with drafting some of it. The best way to do this is trading mid to late round picks for proven players, giving them extensions, and then attacking FA and the draft.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He are my thoughts. If you trade for Chris Harris for a later round pick, extend him 3 years, and then trade Peterson for a 1st and a 3rd...it can work. But, if you just trade Peterson and then count on Byron Murphy, Robert Alford and a draft pick, you are in trouble.

We have to add NFL talent along with drafting some of it. The best way to do this is trading mid to late round picks for proven players, giving them extensions, and then attacking FA and the draft.

100% - and if you are going to keep Vance Joseph and his stupid defense around, Chris Harris is probably an upgrade in zone over PP anyway, and you can come out ahead on draft picks by making the moves.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
You know the best way to fix a team filled with holes? Make more of them

I really don't understand the logic of this board sometimes

Are those holes fixable this year? No.PP has stated his unhappiness several times and how many games is he reallyI going to make a difference
Between a win or a load.What's the freaking difference if you lose by 10 or 17?So PPs fan club says keep him because of he is so good but reality is that he is a CB nearing 30 with one PED suspension on his ledger and a questionable attitufe about being in AZ.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
100% - and if you are going to keep Vance Joseph and his stupid defense around, Chris Harris is probably an upgrade in zone over PP anyway, and you can come out ahead on draft picks by making the moves.
Yep.

Either Vance needs to play to the players strengths, change the pieces to fit or he needs to be fired.

Soft zones & PP aren’t exactly a smert move. I’ve seen nothing but soft zones for 8 games now so it’s his style. Make the move

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Are those holes fixable this year? No.PP has stated his unhappiness several times and how many games is he reallyI going to make a difference
Between a win or a load.What's the freaking difference if you lose by 10 or 17?So PPs fan club says keep him because of he is so good but reality is that he is a CB nearing 30 with one PED suspension on his ledger and a questionable attitufe about being in AZ.

Is the trade now going to be significantly different then in the offseason? I highly doubt it

Wait for the season to end and reevaluate the situation then.

OP
OP
Brak

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Prediction: He's gone by Tuesday. Time will tell.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One more thread about trading PP and it will tie the asfn for most threads on the same subject. Geez....

Dingding

Veteran
Reaction score
So what? Trade him for a late first to a contender? Not much better than a second. Then have to fill that hole with a late first (which is anything but guaranteed).

If he walks you may well end up with a 3rd round compensation pick.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
One more thread about trading PP and it will tie the asfn for most threads on the same subject. Geez....

Well we'll probably have another josh rosen thread tomorrow so it's still a bit behind. This board is as dramatic as the player they say is overdramatic.

I guess it's been too long since we last won. It's been a whole week

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

PP seems pretty happy to be out there. Malcontents don’t really tie their teammates’ shoes on the field.

there are legit arguments for trading him; I was making them a year ago. But his being a bad dude in the locker room is not one of them.

The team doesn’t seem super concerned about the PED bust; FWIW if he gets popped again, the suspension is for 10 games.

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows....olicy on Performance-Enhancing Substances.pdf

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave