2nd place or matchup with Lakers?

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Current standings with Suns in first: https://www.espn.com/nba/standings

Lakers seem pretty locked into that 5 seed as its unlikely they catch Denver. Only possibility is Mavs catch them (game behind). Suns would likely play winner of Lakers/Nuggs match up (Lakers). I imagine the only reason Lebron playing is to avoid dropping behind Mavs and playing Clipps in first round. This is taking the wind out of the sails of getting #1 seed.

think suns should continue to play hard and keep #1 or play the game a bit - do some resting, and take the 2nd seed?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Dallas and LA have the same amount of losses and the Mavs have the tiebreaker. There is a decent chance they overtake them. Either way I think the play is to simply go for the best seed as it gives us homecourt throughout if we do.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Lakers seem pretty locked into that 5 seed as its unlikely they catch Denver. Only possibility is Mavs catch them (game behind). Suns would likely play winner of Lakers/Nuggs match up (Lakers). I imagine the only reason Lebron playing is to avoid dropping behind Mavs and playing Clipps in first round. This is taking the wind out of the sails of getting #1 seed.

think suns should continue to play hard and keep #1 or play the game a bit - do some resting, and take the 2nd seed?

If your going into the playoffs afraid of any team you already lost

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bring on lakers i feel confident suns can outlast them though would be incredibly difficult

Hoping poffs are ok.... w wise

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bring on lakers i feel confident suns can outlast them though would be incredibly difficult

Hoping poffs are ok.... w wise

Would love to see the Suns kick the crap out of the Lakers.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would like to avoid the Lakers, but I am not sure they are as good as some people seem to think.

We will need to see, but they have not had very much time together to build cohesion.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to avoid the Lakers, but I am not sure they are as good as some people seem to think.

We will need to see, but they have not had very much time together to build cohesion.

you know they are going to get EVERY call.

no thanks to playing them.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Lol yea davis vs ayton is not in ayton favor and lebron is lebron just need to contain bench if suns face them

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave