$$224.8 million

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats the 2023 salary cap... a $16mil jump from last season.

Thats insane... my employer has 100 employees.... damn... sure would be nice if our payroll was 225mil

Right about where I predicted 2 years ago. It will continue to blow up in the next 2 years. Kyler just has to be "okay" and we can trade him or keep him in two years. The contracts that are coming in the next two years will blow that away.

Decent QBs fall between 20 - 25% of the cap

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is also why I advocated either signing Murray immediately last year or trading him immediately. There was a window to either save 3-5 million a year or if he wasn't up for that then dump him and reset with the incredible cap advantage a rookie on a QB deal will be.

Waiting until the summer was just so unbelievably dumb.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
This is also why I advocated either signing Murray immediately last year or trading him immediately. There was a window to either save 3-5 million a year or if he wasn't up for that then dump him and reset with the incredible cap advantage a rookie on a QB deal will be.

Waiting until the summer was just so unbelievably dumb.
That was good advice. At that point, I would have traded him immediately. But now we are obligated to him and have to make the best of it. Now he may be out for most of next year and with a guaranteed salary that high we are screwed. Literally.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
As I’ve said the Kyler contract won’t be a huge holdup for a coach. Easy out in two years if needed.

Consistently drafting well is such an insane cheat code for the record looking at these numbers.
Yeah. With current and projected cap growth and a little planning 2 good drafts can have us in pretty amazing position even with kylers deal.
Just gotta be prepared to eat it all in 23.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Yeah. With current and projected cap growth and a little planning 2 good drafts can have us in pretty amazing position even with kylers deal.
Just gotta be prepared to eat it all in 23.
It’s pretty clear that Bidwill wisely recognized that the organization’s biggest issue has been in the personnel department and that’s why he locked down the GM first while figuring out the coach later.

I don’t love how the coaching search is going so far but we could have Bill Walsh and it wouldn’t matter if we kept drafting like we have last several years.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That was good advice. At that point, I would have traded him immediately. But now we are obligated to him and have to make the best of it. Now he may be out for most of next year and with a guaranteed salary that high we are screwed. Literally.

Literally not!

Percentage of Cap absorbed by KM Contact going forward:

2024: 20.39% - 2025: 14.67% - 2026: 11.75% - 2027: 6.42%

FYI: KC is competitive with a $46.7m QB, a $30.1m D-end, a $28.2m DT and a $22.1m Guard. A total of 7 players over $11m.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Literally not!

Percentage of Cap absorbed by KM Contact going forward:

2024: 20.39% - 2025: 14.67% - 2026: 11.75% - 2027: 6.42%

FYI: KC is competitive with a $46.7m QB, a $30.1m D-end, a $28.2m DT and a $22.1m Guard. A total of 7 players over $11m.
But they have Mahomes.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
But they have Mahomes.
his point though, i think, is correct.
KM contract shouldnt be an albatross going forward...as long as murray plays okay.
the trick is drafting well, and making sure the rest of our cap space is invested in the right guys. we need to avoid making 5 year commitments to 30 year old players.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose