Votes: 14 60.9%
  • 55+ Only Grizz and Suns did this last season

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We lost a few players, Grizz virtually the same team.
While other teams have players back from injury: Zion, Leonard, MPJ, Davis (Does he count since he's always injured?)
Warriors lost some backup depth, Green acting up.
Mavs added a couple of bigs, Wolves have Gobert now.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We lost a few players, Grizz virtually the same team.
While other teams have players back from injury: Zion, Leonard, MPJ, Davis (Does he count since he's always injured?)
Warriors lost some backup depth, Green acting up.
Mavs added a couple of bigs, Wolves have Gobert now.
Grizz are not the same team, they no longer have Slo Mo or De'Anthony Melton. Those were 2 pretty important contributors.

Warriors have gained a healthy Wiseman, Kuminga has potential to improve greatly, and Klay should be back fully recovered, Gary Payton is a loss, but I still think they are better if anything.

New Orleans is the team to really be scared of making a big move up, along with the Clippers.

I put 50-55 wins 2-4 seed, but it wouldn't really shock me if it was like 42-49 either.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Grizz are not the same team, they no longer have Slo Mo or De'Anthony Melton. Those were 2 pretty important contributors.

Warriors have gained a healthy Wiseman, Kuminga has potential to improve greatly, and Klay should be back fully recovered, Gary Payton is a loss, but I still think they are better if anything.

New Orleans is the team to really be scared of making a big move up, along with the Clippers.

I put 50-55 wins 2-4 seed, but it wouldn't really shock me if it was like 42-49 either.

I'm curious to see how the Warriors integrate Wiseman. He was a huge negative for them his rookie year but... he was a rookie. I think he isn't going to play a ton unless they dump Green.

I still don't trust Zion to stay healthy, but if he is I think they're a 50+ win team.

I think the Clippers are a contender for the title but not a contender for a top seed, Kawhi and George take too many games for 'rest' for them to make a push for ~60 wins.

I think we're also unlikely to make the hard push we did last year, I think the Suns are going to be content to get a top 4 seed.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Clippers are going to be tough... NO, Memphis, and a healthy Denver, too.

I'm not worried about the GSW so much. Their core guys are another year older... Klay is probably close to done, Green is more of a head case, and even Steph can only last so long. This could be the year they hit the wall.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns open the season playing the Mavericks.

Then they play @Trail Blazers, @Clippers, Warriors, Pelicans, Rockets and Timberwolves.

Yeah, nothing easy this season, except for those teams who decide to tank.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@95pro thanks for posting this. I was going to do so today but saw you already took the initiative, I appreciate it.

I went with 42-49. Barring a trade, this lineup won't produce the same or more wins than last year and they'll struggle to come close after losing Crowder and no longer having Cam J's scoring punch off the bench. I think the West is also better with 9-10 teams realistically competing for playoff spots.

All I know is I hope the Suns don't stand pat this season if this roster struggles. James Jones needs to audition for a new owner, kind of, and prove he can maintain a competitive roster after building one. There's a great core of Booker, Ayton, Mikal, and Cam J right now and all are 26 or younger but they need more to push them into contender status.

I'm going with 48 wins with a ceiling of 54, if everyone stays healthy and they can add a rotation player without losing one, other than Jae. I think the rotation now is CP3, Booker, Mikal, Cam J, Ayton with Cam P, Shamet, Craig, Saric, Biyombo.

Jeeze, I feel worse after looking at those names off the bench. We're really lacking at forward. I guess if they lose one of Saric or Craig, it'll be fine. If they lose both then they'll need a real upgrade somehow.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will plant my flag at 54 wins. They feature top 5 talent at 3 of 5 positions and top 15 at another.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vegas has the Suns at 52.5 and that seems right where I would put the line. I like it a shade over but that close of my prediction to spread I wouldn't bet either side of it

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just for anyone's curiosity, here is last seasons prediction thread. A lot more optimism then. I was right in my 55+ prediction but fell short by saying 60 wins was their ceiling and they wouldn't challenge the franchise record of 62 wins.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just for anyone's curiosity, here is last seasons prediction thread. A lot more optimism then. I was right in my 55+ prediction but fell short by saying 60 wins was their ceiling and they wouldn't challenge the franchise record of 62 wins.

Nailed it last year!
66 this year

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I was in the 49-54 crowd. I am thinking that this year because I think Monty will rest guys more, and just focus on getting in, rather than setting win total records.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was in the 49-54 crowd. I am thinking that this year because I think Monty will rest guys more, and just focus on getting in, rather than setting win total records.
For whatever it's worth, we didn't have a single player average 35 minutes or more per game last season. Bridges led the way with 34.8, Booker at 34.5, CP3 at 32.9 and all others were under 30 minutes per game. As for nights off, Mikal played every game but Javale missed 8 games, Shamet 13, Booker 14, Crowder 15, CamJ 16, CP3 17, Ayton and CamP 24.

I'd say Bridges could use a little rest and we should maybe try to keep CP3 under 30 this year but otherwise, we were probably as light on rotation minutes as any team in the league (just a guess).

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
43 wins. A month ago I thought we'd win 54 games and the Warriors would win about 10 fewer than us. Now, with Green already getting his distraction moment out of the way with no apparent team consequences, I think they'll finish with 50 plus wins. And with the Crowder situation unresolved and the franchise in limbo, we'll win slightly more than half of our games. Our success mostly depends on our PG play and that's a scary thing to have to depend on given CP3's age and the inconsistency of his backup.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i expect that with a mid-season acquisition we will be as effective as last year but not lead the conference.

3 games in, here's a few bonus predictions:

1. Booker's in top form. should be on the short list for mvp all season
2. Paul's doing his assist thing, has added a few pounds but since his strength is playing smart on both ends of the court it shouldn't be an issue. His 3pt shooting should pick up but still, it should be a career low in scoring from him.
3. tonight was another example of Ayton being our part-time center. I expect this to be the year that changes.
4. Bridges and Cam J have got to establish more offense this season. I expect that to happen too.
5. Payne is a pain. Last season he forgot how to finish a layup and he still hasn't remembered. His strongest asset is his speed, but that's negated if he can't finish drives. He'll improve but not enough to backup Paul on a contending team.
6. Craig and Shamet are wildcards. I expect both to give us more than last season, but again, not be helpful in the playoffs. Lee is a wildcard who might translate to the playoffs well.
7. Landale looks to be this season's McGee (with different skills) but i don't expect this year's Biyombo to be last year's Biyombo

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well things are looking a bit tough right now with KD out, our bench dazed and confused, and two tough games coming up after a Kings lost that would have been a two game swing.

At this winning rate we are looking at 47ish wins.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well things are looking a bit tough right now with KD out, our bench dazed and confused, and two tough games coming up after a Kings lost that would have been a two game swing.

At this winning rate we are looking at 47ish wins.
I know you're not making a prediction but I think we finish with somewhere between 41 and 48 wins and probably closer to the lower end if we finish the regular season without KD. I just can't envision CP3 maintaining his current level and if he returns to his January form, we're going to struggle even against weak teams.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose