• 55+ Only Grizz and Suns did this last season

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's crazy to me how people here think the Suns are a terrible team without KD.
Most of our wins this season came when we had a full or nearly full roster. Most of our losses this season came when we were missing Booker and/or multiple players. Right now, without KD, we have enough players back that I think we can win roughly half of our remaining games but that's only if we have the CP we've seen the past few games. Don't forget, we're facing a very tough schedule to close out this season.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Most of our wins this season came when we had a full or nearly full roster. Most of our losses this season came when we were missing Booker and/or multiple players. Right now, without KD, we have enough players back that I think we can win roughly half of our remaining games but that's only if we have the CP we've seen the past few games. Don't forget, we're facing a very tough schedule to close out this season.
Again. Crazy.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
It's crazy to me how people here think the Suns are a terrible team without KD.
Also crazy.... people forgetting about Devin Booker's utter mental tenacity, damn near narcissistic (but in a good way). When the KD talks were in the works (both times) everyone and they're gramma repeatedly said "Book is a good player but he's not getting you that 30+ a night"

Or my other favorite "Suns need KD so they'll have a closer"

Truth is if the Suns are leading at halftime the Suns (Booker) are probably winning the game

Am I saying Booker is on KD's level? Hell to the no lol. I'm saying all the doubters and their hot takes just make Booker madder and even more confident in his game. It's so funny to me because I actually have the shirt with him lying on his back on multiple courts after hitting buzzer beaters multiple times. And now he's stepping up his game again, bringing that 30+ a night

Mikal is benefiting from this trade big time - but so is Devin Booker. Idk if Booker just absorbs greatness or if it just inspires the **** out of him but he's playing out of his mind rn

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem the team has right now is we are very defendable, double the crap out of Booker and make the rest of the team beat you.

Hate to say it, more times than not, that is going to beat us.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Calling my shot, if Durant back on the 22nd we finish between 47 to 49 wins.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair a roughly 10% swing in prediction is an awful big swing.
You're right, it is a big swing. A difference of 7 wins over a 15 game stretch is gigantic. So yeah it's really not much of a prediction. But we have a very tough schedule ahead of us.

We have 7 road games, most if them against teams that could beat us although we'd likely be favored in the 2 OKC road games and probably at the Lakers too. Then, with the 8 games at home, we have Milwaukee, Orlando, Philadelphia, Denver twice, Minnesota, the Spurs and the Clippers.

If we keep healthy the players that are currently healthy, I could see us winning 3 on the road and probably 4 at home. So if I thought we could keep CP playing well and Booker healthy, I'd probably pencil us in for 44 wins. And as many as 48 if KD comes back early and healthy. But considering the way this season has transpired, I'm expecting no KD and for Booker's leg to fall off any day now - in which case we'll be lucky to reach 41 wins.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You're right, it is a big swing. A difference of 7 wins over a 15 game stretch is gigantic. So yeah it's really not much of a prediction. But we have a very tough schedule ahead of us.

We have 7 road games, most if them against teams that could beat us although we'd likely be favored in the 2 OKC road games and probably at the Lakers too. Then, with the 8 games at home, we have Milwaukee, Orlando, Philadelphia, Denver twice, Minnesota, the Spurs and the Clippers.

If we keep healthy the players that are currently healthy, I could see us winning 3 on the road and probably 4 at home. So if I thought we could keep CP playing well and Booker healthy, I'd probably pencil us in for 44 wins. And as many as 48 if KD comes back early and healthy. But considering the way this season has transpired, I'm expecting no KD and for Booker's leg to fall off any day now - in which case we'll be lucky to reach 41 wins.
We’d be favored over spurs and wolves. That’s 6 games favored without KD. Add KD and likely favored over all other teams in home games at a minimum.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns playing .500 sounds about right and I'm counting on Kevin Durant returning from injury as anticipated.

They lost a starter in Mikal Bridges, a rotation player in Cam Johnson, they never replaced Jae Crowder, Landry Shamet is injured and Cam Payne has not scored over 8 points in his last six games.

Although Terrence Ross has produced as a scorer, Warren and Bazley have not shown much. And Ish Wainright was on a two-way contract until not long ago. The Suns can't afford more injuries and must get healthy.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s crazy that we are 68 games into the season and we’ve played like 10 games or less with all our projected starters, we’ve just had crazy bad run this year with injuries etc. it pretty impressive honestly we current sitting in the 4 spot with the adversity thrown our way this year…

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s crazy that we are 68 games into the season and we’ve played like 10 games or less with all our projected starters, we’ve just had crazy bad run this year with injuries etc. it pretty impressive honestly we current sitting in the 4 spot with the adversity thrown our way this year…
If that is true that is mind blowing. 10 games or less with all of our starters?!?!?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that is true that is mind blowing. 10 games or less with all of our starters?!?!?
Not only have we frequently been missing starters, along the way we've also lost backups that were forced into the starting role. You know you're in trouble when you're starting your 2 way contracts.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is true on the radio the guy was saying more like 8 games as some bench players starting shouldn’t count as well but it is crazy that starting five have played very few games together this far into the season…

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were 5-2 with Ayton, Cam, Mikal, Booker, and CP3 starting and 3-0 with Ayton, KD, Okogie, Book, and CP3.

So 10 games with our preferred starters.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA