21-22 College Basketball Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mick is 6-1 in the tourney. Bring back Alford.

That was impressive I know INdiana had a crazy schedule and travel but the most one sided game in the first round was SM over IU. SM came out cooking against UCLA, we made the adjustment on their pick and roll and just dominated the rest of the game. Even when Jaime got hurt, UCLA went on a 14-4 run. We'll see how he looks against UNC and UNC is red hot but that was an impressive win teams don't shoot 56% against Saint Marys

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
St Peters is the first NJ team in the S 16 since 2000. That team was Seton Hall's whose starting PG was Shaheen Holloway, the coach for St Peters now.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations Kansas. National champs.
Just a crazy game their defense is so good especially at guard but down 15 at the half they made it up in only 9 minutes. Bacot was hurt then Manek gets hit in the face inadvertently, Love rolls his ankle and then Puff Johnson is literally puking on the court from a blow to the chest or stomach that we never saw. All of them toughed it out looked like they were going to hold on and then the KU defense just took the game over even more .

UNC had the best guards in the tournament going into that game but Davis was 5-17 and Love 5-24 and I think love actually took more shots I think the stats had a couple of his misses they just didn't record. KU's guards were so good on defense especially that skinny kid Harris what a defender.

I think Hubert Davis sort of showed both sides in the tourney, we saw they had enough talent to get as far as they did(not depth) but we also saw why they were only an 8 seed young team and he really lets them go and if you take quick shots against a defense like that they're going to be bad shots. Caleb Love made some of them to beat UCLA and Duke but Kansas had him shooting from even deeper on the contested ones so he missed.

Great tournament.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you asking if he is okay? I'm sorry my brain is a little bit scrambled this morning.lol I'm trying to do too many things at once.

Nah. Puff played well for North Carolina. I was hoping they would win because he is Cam Johnson's brother.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And now the bummer of college basketball, at least for me. The 3 guards from St Peters, Edert, Lee and Mitchell, all entered the transfer portal today! Harsh reality of major college basketball if you play well on the big stage, you're probably going to get recruited heavily by bigger schools.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And now the bummer of college basketball, at least for me. The 3 guards from St Peters, Edert, Lee and Mitchell, all entered the transfer portal today! Harsh reality of major college basketball if you play well on the big stage, you're probably going to get recruited heavily by bigger schools.
I wonder if they will all follow Holloway to Seton Hall

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wyoming is going to be interesting to watch next year. They were good this year and today they got commits from 3 Pac 12 transfers, Ethan Anderson and Max Agbonkolo from USC, and Jake Kyman from UCLA. The Wyoming director of recruiting is some guy named Marc Rodgers who used to coach at Fairfax in LA and is a workout guy who worked out all 3 guys in LA before Wyoming hired him.

Kyman never reproduced his freshman shooting at UCLA but he's a great kid I wish him luck. Anderson is athletic but can't shoot a lick, one of the least efficient players in the country the last 2 years. Max on the other hand I actually really like, sneaky good defender, can make 3's, long, more athletic than you think.

I don't know how much of this years team is back but they could be fun to watch next year. Talk about culture change 3 guys from the West coast in Wyoming.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peyton Watson of UCLA in the draft with an agent. NOt a total shock, the rumors are still pretty strong that Jaime Jaquez will come back spend his last year at UCLA with his sister a freshman on the womens team. If Jaime comes back there's just not much PT for Watson. Basically the 4 and 3 were the only spots in Cronin's system he could play, they tried him at backup PG a bit last year but didn't really work and with Dylan Andrews coming in that won't be the case next year. So with Jaime at the 4, he'd be competing with Jaylen Clark, Amari Bailey and other guards/wings and he just wanted to play more than he would have.

I assume he knows he's not a first rounder but thinks he can get a 2nd round pick and get in the G league.

Hope it works out for him we were all hoping he'd come back but nobody really surprised

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose