2030 - The New PAC 20 for the Start of a new Decade

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
My proposal for the PAC by 2030, when 5 monster conferences will be the norm mainly due to the automatic bid format for the collage football playoffs and the money involved. Makes perfect sense when looking at a map of western U.S. Makes sense for the PAC in getting a foothold in Tex, Okla, Kansas areas, strong football, baseball, and basketball areas. Why SMU and TCU you might ask: Lots of big money, endowments, and TV market in Dallas/Ft Worth area. I considered U of Houston, but first nixed it due to extra travel distance, time, and cost. I later had the realization that UTSA made perfect sense.
  • MC - Colorado, Kansas, Okla St, SMU, TCU
  • NW - Boise St, Oregon, Oregon St, Washington, Washington St
  • NC - BYU, Cal, Fresno St, Stanford, Utah
  • SW - Arizona, ASU, SDST, UNLV, UTSA
This revised list of teams makes more sense after examining more things regarding their situations and needs of both the University and the PAC.

Last edited:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1. How do you determine a champion?

2. Based on your plan, it seems there will no longer be a Big12?

3. Traveling to Dallas is ok but not Houston?

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
1. How do you determine a champion?

2. Based on your plan, it seems there will no longer be a Big12?

3. Traveling to Dallas is ok but not Houston?

Good Questions. Thx for playing.

Houston would be a fine sub for SMU or TCU. Just not the long time SW conf rivalry as they both have.

Would be 50% longer distance if in the conf with OKC. your right, not bad though.

Big 12 is a ? even now. Lots of central-east located Uś plus all of Tex left over though.

A mini-4 conf-champ tournament would make money and just add 1 game more. We could see more of those from other monster conf.

Last edited:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good Questions. Thx for playing.

Houston would be a fine sub for SMU or TCU. Just not the long time SW conf rivalry as they both have.

Would be 50% longer distance if in the conf with OKC. your right, not bad though.

Big 12 is a ? even now. Lots of central-east located Uś plus all of Tex left over though.

A mini-4 conf-champ tournament would make money and just add 1 game more. We could see more of those from other monster conf.
Most conferences will likely do away with divisions too ensure their top 2 trans play for the conference championship (like PAC did this year).

I feel like Kansas and Kansas St are a package deal and State is better at football which is really all that matters in this whole realignment thing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose