2023 Western Conference Finals - Nuggets vs Lakers

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brian is one of the good ones. He doesn’t talk (much) crap and shows up to take a few lumps when they lose. Far better than a few Laker fans on these forums who are, characteristically, no where to be seen right now but will undoubtedly appear again whenever the next moment of Suns misery arrives.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian is one of the good ones. He doesn’t talk (much) crap and shows up to take a few lumps when they lose. Far better than a few Laker fans on these forums who are, characteristically, no where to be seen right now but will undoubtedly appear again whenever the next moment of Suns misery arrives.
Agreed. But I'll still razz him when the opportunity arises (like when he tries to tell us getting swept in close games is a good thing). And he didn't just jump on the Lakers bandwagon like so many fans do. He's been there through thick and thin. Granted they've had a lot less "thin" than we've had but still, that's something.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still say we need inspection stations on the borders of Arizona.

Like California won't let you bring in outside fruit, we would check for Laker/Dodger/Raider/Bronco/Cowboy etc gear and dispose of them before allowing them into the state
I really don't care which team someone supports as long as they support that team 100%.

Nothing worse than being at a game and having someone say, "Oh well, we lost...but my other team kicked butt today !!"

Also, it's so funny that AZ fans have such a big problem with CA fans here, but no problem with AZ fans in CA. :rolleyes:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian is one of the good ones. He doesn’t talk (much) crap and shows up to take a few lumps when they lose. Far better than a few Laker fans on these forums who are, characteristically, nowhere to be seen right now but will undoubtedly appear again whenever the next moment of Suns misery arrives.
Thanks. I try not to be a jerk about it. I was absent a bit when Denver was beating us, but only because we were in Ventura, CA at the time. We went to the annual California Strawberry Festival that used to be in Oxnard but moved to the Ventura County Fairgrounds this year.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I really don't care which team someone supports as long as they support that team 100%.

Nothing worse than being at a game and having someone say, "Oh well, we lost...but my other team kicked butt today !!"

Also, it's so funny that AZ fans have such a big problem with CA fans here, but no problem with AZ fans in CA. :rolleyes:
Go to Chase Field at a DBacks/Dodgers game as a Dbacks fan and it is evident. They are disrespectful, belligerent, and total a-holes. And that is putting it mildly. Not saying you are, Brian, but it is so bad I quit taking my granddaughter and great-granddaughter to those games. It's the same when we play any LA team. Thugs.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to Chase Field at a DBacks/Dodgers game as a Dbacks fan and it is evident. They are disrespectful, belligerent, and total a-holes. And that is putting it mildly. Not saying you are, Brian, but it is so bad I quit taking my granddaughter and great-granddaughter to those games. It's the same when we play any LA team. Thugs.
Yeah, I do get that. I have been to many of those games, and it is very obvious that many of these fans have never lived in California but hopped on the team's bandwagon either because they were good at one time, or they liked their jerseys or their "colors." Most of them likely grew up in the avenues of Phoenix.

I did feel a little brave wearing my DBacks shirt and hat to a Giants vs Dodgers game in Dodgers Stadium a few years back - the night after we took over first place in the division. A couple of guys near me were going back and forth trash talking about which of their respective teams were better and I told them they were just arguing over second place.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I do get that. I have been to many of those games, and it is very obvious that many of these fans have never lived in California but hopped on the team's bandwagon either because they were good at one time, or they liked their jerseys or their "colors." Most of them likely grew up in the avenues of Phoenix.

I did feel a little brave wearing my DBacks shirt and hat to a Giants vs Dodgers game in Dodgers Stadium a few years back - the night after we took over first place in the division. A couple of guys near me were going back and forth trash talking about which of their respective teams were better and I told them they were just arguing over second place.

The absolute worst I've seen is a Cardinals vs Raiders game. The Raiders fans were awful. What made it worse, sadder, is it was a pre-season game. You'd think the Raiders were headed to the Superbowl and trounced the Cards but it was won by a late FG in the 4th. I think the score was like 10-7.

AZ Native

Reaction score
I know you are respectful and I admire that. LA and SF games are the worst. My wife is from the Bay area. I went to a DBacks/Giants game there years ago and wore a black Randy Johnson shirt thinking it would blend in since it was black. I was taking a piss at a urinal and a guy called me out from behind and threw his beer on me. Of course, they all started chanting "F the DBacks". I was surprised they even cared about us. I guess it is everywhere. I am always very respectful in another team's stadium.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I know you are respectful and I admire that. LA and SF games are the worst. My wife is from the Bay area. I went to a DBacks/Giants game there years ago and wore a black Randy Johnson shirt thinking it would blend in since it was black. I was taking a piss at a urinal and a guy called me out from behind and threw his beer on me. Of course, they all started chanting "F the DBacks". I was surprised they even cared about us. I guess it is everywhere. I am always very respectful in another team's stadium.
I would have just turned around mid stream! Hopefully they were close by! :)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'm in my 70's and don't "stream" like I used to. :D
My step father and I talk about our streams in family discussions as a joke. Like, the stream was strong today! Hydration is the key! LOL! The joke is "old people" talk about their medical conditions.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My step father and I talk about our streams in family discussions as a joke. Like, the stream was strong today! Hydration is the key! LOL! The joke is "old people" talk about their medical conditions.
"Don't cross the streams. It would be bad." - Egon Spengler

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My prediction on LeBron is he pulls a sort of Tom Brady. I think he retires, and then comes back next year at some point with a hand picked team and a guarantee they will draft Bronny.

I think he'll use the retirement to rest a bit and let his agent do all the behind the scenes work to get the right situation. It could be the Lakers he still has one year on his contract so it would probably be easier to do this and stay a Laker.

AZ Native

Reaction score
I'm in my 70's and don't "stream" like I used to. :D
I'll probably rue the day I posted this but this morning I told my wife about my above comment. I explained that I was responding to @Yuma, who said: "I would have just turned around mid stream! Hopefully they were close by!"

She replied, " Yeah, you were Cox Gigablast when I married you and now you're AOL Dial-Up."

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'll probably rue the day I posted this but this morning I told my wife about my above comment. I explained that I was responding to @Yuma, who said: "I would have just turned around mid stream! Hopefully they were close by!"

She replied, " Yeah, you were Cox Gigablast when I married you and now you're AOL Dial-Up."
That's great!

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The absolute worst I've seen is a Cardinals vs Raiders game. The Raiders fans were awful. What made it worse, sadder, is it was a pre-season game. You'd think the Raiders were headed to the Superbowl and trounced the Cards but it was won by a late FG in the 4th. I think the score was like 10-7.

Was this the game where some guy was shot in the parking lot?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose