2023 NFL offseason grades

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
But, yeah, let's hail "the plan" :sarcasm:

Hey, at least we're not dead last.
Offseason has been trash but I do think it's because they're clearing cap and Monti doesn't trust the pro personnel department yet.

As bad as the Cardinals offseason has been, the Rams offseason has been crazy bad. Losing two future HOF players who are both still playing like it and Leonard Floyd is a big loss. My good buddy is a Rams fan and he's hoping for the #1 pick, but I'm telling him McVay will sabotage that.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Offseason has been trash but I do think it's because they're clearing cap and Monti doesn't trust the pro personnel department yet.

As bad as the Cardinals offseason has been, the Rams offseason has been crazy bad. Losing two future HOF players who are both still playing like it and Leonard Floyd is a big loss. My good buddy is a Rams fan and he's hoping for the #1 pick, but I'm telling him McVay will sabotage that.
Agreed on all points. I'm beginning to think you're right about Monti and the distrust. I think that just sets us back a year.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Not going to lie, I'm pretty shocked that McVay signed up to come back and coach, with this plan in place for the rams.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Agreed on all points. I'm beginning to think you're right about Monti and the distrust. I think that just sets us back a year.
Well next offseason Monti should have a better feel for the roster in place. He'll have some cap money to spend, plus a bevy of premium picks. 2024 should be a year to turn it around, but by then, the Cardinals should be on a better path if the 2023 and 2024 draft classes end up being good.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Peter King has us in a class of our own at the bottom of his offseason power rankings. He also says it's possible that we won't have a Thursday night game next year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ckers-bryce-young-peter-king-fmia/?cid=fmiatw

Wait till 2025

32. Arizona.
The best thing about being awful this year is GM Monti Ossenfort could have the next 11 months to figure out whether his quarterback of the future is Kyler Murray or if it it’s one of the mega-prospects due out in the 2024 draft—Caleb Williams or Drake Maye.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peter King has us in a class of our own at the bottom of his offseason power rankings. He also says it's possible that we won't have a Thursday night game next year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ckers-bryce-young-peter-king-fmia/?cid=fmiatw

Wait till 2025

32. Arizona.
The best thing about being awful this year is GM Monti Ossenfort could have the next 11 months to figure out whether his quarterback of the future is Kyler Murray or if it it’s one of the mega-prospects due out in the 2024 draft—Caleb Williams or Drake Maye.
Sounds about right with the way the team roster looks right now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson