2023 NFL Mock Drafts

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I don't know much about this dude at all...have just heard and seen his name.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Fire Monti immediately if he trades down with at least one of Anderson or Carter on the board.
I've looked at the value and even if you could get multiple 1st and 2nd rounders, I'd much rather have Anderson/Carter.

Getting Christian Gonzalez and Isaiah Foskey isn't worth giving up one of those two. They just aren't.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Cardinals make two trades on draft day. One right at the start of the draft when they trade DeAndre Hopkins to Dallas for an additional 1st and a 3rd.
Going IOL twice that early is too rich for me, tbh. I actually think we should go DL with one of those picks & use our 4th pick on a IOL.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the best scenario we could hope for is trading 1 spot with the Colts.

1. CHI - Carter/Anderson
2. HOU - QB
3. IND - QB
4. ARI - Carter/Anderson

Maybe pick up an extra 2 or 1 next year? If we generate some buzz that Raiders want to trade up?
It's not realistic.

The colts aren't trading up to us if they know we are taking one of the 2 defensive guys - and they are trading up to 1 with the Bears anyways.

Bears would be beyond stupid not to trade down to 4 and still get one of the two defensive guys plus a bunch of picks.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
These are the highest grades I can ever remember getting on PFF mock draft. Not that this makes for the best draft, and definitely too heavy on OL while missing IDL, but lots of good names here.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we trade out of our spot we also run the risk of Carter/Anderson going to Seattle. Let’s not over think it and get a true difference maker
When you trade down one spot, it is common for the team trading down that one spot to know the player they will draft to make sure that your choice is not taken.

Trading from 3 to 4 would be a LOT different than trading down from 3 to 7 or 3 to 10 for example.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I have no problem going a little heavy on Oline. You want the best out of Kyler give him a strong Oline.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not realistic.

The colts aren't trading up to us if they know we are taking one of the 2 defensive guys - and they are trading up to 1 with the Bears anyways.

Bears would be beyond stupid not to trade down to 4 and still get one of the two defensive guys plus a bunch of picks.
It has happened before. Teams trade up, so they they do not risk another team trading with AZ and the new team grabbing the player that drafts 4

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not realistic.

But there are several teams that might be willing to trade up to 3 which would cost them the qb the want.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you trade down one spot, it is common for the team trading down that one spot to know the player they will draft to make sure that your choice is not taken.

Trading from 3 to 4 would be a LOT different than trading down from 3 to 7 or 3 to 10 for example.
We should not be looking to fleece the Colts should they call us. I’d be happy with a fourth round pick to swap with them because it would allow us to get our guy.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But there are several teams that might be willing to trade up to 3 which would cost them the qb the want.
But from what pick - if cards truly value the two defensive guys much more than anyone else - they won't want to make a deal - and Indy would know it.

Only way it actually has a chance of working is if Cards make a show out of possibly drafting a QB themselves - which is somewhat believable with Kyler's reputation.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This draft is a Quantity draft. The Cardinals trade down for a haul of picks.

Gonzalez good size, speed, and ball skills. He'll be a day one starter and quickly become the best CB on the roster. Looks like a future Pro Bowler.

Foskey adds to the edge rotation. He brings in back-to-back double digit sack seasons from a blue blood program. He's not super twitchy so I don't expect him to be a top sack guy, but I can see him being a good #2 for years.

See above for Torrence. He's going to be a beast.

Kancey adds more to the pass rush. Short, stocky interior DL with outstanding burst and good pass rush moves. I'd be happy to add both Foskey and Kancey to the pass rush.

Achane is an explosive big play back that the Cardinals are missing. He can catch the ball as well.

Bergeron is a smooth mover who needs some development. He's a pick with the future of DJ Humphries in mind.

Henley is kind of what the Cardinals were hoping to get from Deone Buchanan. Hes a light, explosive LB who makes big plays in coverage. The Cardinals do need to plan for the loss of Simmons in the future.

Washington is an explosive, but smaller receiver but I'd bank on his talent at this point. He has experience in the return game and is a shifty offensive weapon. The Cardinals can't count on Rondale Moore.

I like RBs like DeWayne McBride. He's got great size, he's tough, and he can move a pile. Great vision and was one of the most productive college backs over the past few years. His downside is his pass blocking and catching...but if you want a tough, physical runner, McBride is your guy.

I expect Melton to go higher in a real draft. Good size, speed, and makes plays on the ball.

And here is the developmental backup QB. Clayton Tunes got a big arm and is a solid athlete.

Achane is one of my favorite guys in this draft. We had no speed at RB last year.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
4 Trades w/ Texans, Steelers, Pats, Rams

12. Quentin Johnston WR TCU
17. Bijan Robinson RB Texas
34. Peter Skoronski OT Northwestern
73. Ji'Ayir Brown S Penn State
76. Blake Freelan OT BYU
136. Mike Morris EDGE Michigan
172. Gabe Hall DT Baylor
189. Max Melton CB Rutgers

WiscoBird

Veteran
Reaction score

This draft is a Quantity draft. The Cardinals trade down for a haul of picks.

Gonzalez good size, speed, and ball skills. He'll be a day one starter and quickly become the best CB on the roster. Looks like a future Pro Bowler.

Foskey adds to the edge rotation. He brings in back-to-back double digit sack seasons from a blue blood program. He's not super twitchy so I don't expect him to be a top sack guy, but I can see him being a good #2 for years.

See above for Torrence. He's going to be a beast.

Kancey adds more to the pass rush. Short, stocky interior DL with outstanding burst and good pass rush moves. I'd be happy to add both Foskey and Kancey to the pass rush.

Achane is an explosive big play back that the Cardinals are missing. He can catch the ball as well.

Bergeron is a smooth mover who needs some development. He's a pick with the future of DJ Humphries in mind.

Henley is kind of what the Cardinals were hoping to get from Deone Buchanan. Hes a light, explosive LB who makes big plays in coverage. The Cardinals do need to plan for the loss of Simmons in the future.

Washington is an explosive, but smaller receiver but I'd bank on his talent at this point. He has experience in the return game and is a shifty offensive weapon. The Cardinals can't count on Rondale Moore.

I like RBs like DeWayne McBride. He's got great size, he's tough, and he can move a pile. Great vision and was one of the most productive college backs over the past few years. His downside is his pass blocking and catching...but if you want a tough, physical runner, McBride is your guy.

I expect Melton to go higher in a real draft. Good size, speed, and makes plays on the ball.

And here is the developmental backup QB. Clayton Tunes got a big arm and is a solid athlete.
I'm a big fan of Clayton Tune. Looks the part and if you watch video of him the biggest thing you take away is how he moves in the pocket. Steps up to avoid pressure and not afraid to take a hit.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose